Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Run

This morning I was very responsible.  I woke up, on my own without an alarm, at the unheard of hour of 8 am.  I was the first one up in a house of 10.  Score!  I did a few hours of studying since I knew that once everyone was awake I would no be able to get much done.  

After a Thomas' everything bagel (a real one not a thin!)  I set off for am 8 mile run.  8 miles didn't happen today...here is the saga.  

I took off excited ready to take on the miles!

It took a while for the satellites to load...
So..the idea was to run 2 miles to the end of Sea Isle.  I would then stop in for a bottle of water at a local market, Blitz's.  Of course being a dumb blond, I forgot that it's only the end of April and of course Blitz's isn't open yet.  So the next part of the course was going to be 2 miles over the bridge to Avalon then back the 4 miles to my house.  I knew there wouldn't really be any stops for water up ahead, so I decided to forgo going further and head back towards the house.  At mile 3 I stopped in at CVS and grabbed a water.  My calves were really tight, possibly from yesterdays run, and I decided to call it a day when I got back to the house.  4 slow miles.  Better than nothing?

Thirsty at the end of Sea Isle

After the run I stretched out and enjoyed the view from the deck

sad for my failed run
Sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have harder days.  It is what it is. 

I'm off to celebrate Easter Sunday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment