So today I worked out with Joe in the ultra nice Penn gym. I am super jealous of him because this gym is amazing. I wish I could go there everyday.
I did 32 minutes on the treadmill - 3 miles - Felt good....I was pretty sweaty and spent when I got off. The treadmills were really high tech with TV screens. I could even plug in my iphone, and it charged it while I ran. The songs and playlists also popped up on the screen. Here was my workout summary they gave me when I finished up my run. Average pace - 10:48. I only touched the heart rate part once at the end while sprinting - I promise that my average heart rate wasn't that high haha.
| Getting my stretch on. |
After the run - I got my swim on with the boyfriend. I found out a few things...
1) Swimming is hard
2) The hardest part is breathing
3) One piece bathing suits are hard to shimmy into.
4) I need some swimming lessons pronto
5) I may drown in the Schuylkill in 6 and a half months
| hello 1 piece - haven't had one of you on since the 5th grade |
I even rocked goggles and a swim cap. I felt super official. Until I started to swim. I did 7 laps, stopping to rest often. That's about 350 meters. Not that great at all, and after each 25 meter length of the pool, I was tired. The lifeguard was even shouting tips out my way in hopes of throwing me a bone and helping out. I was like a cat in water. Ok maybe not that bad...haha. My goal is to be able to swim a mile in the pool (1600 meters) before the tri. It may be a hefty goal, but I hope that if I can do a mile in the pool, then I can do a half mile in open water. We'll see how things progress....
Dinner then question time:
Dinner tonight was Tuna noodle casserole, hummus and red pepper sandwich on toasted Arnold's multi-grain thins, and side salads.
| "Healthy" pasta for the casserole |
| Tuna noodle casserole, multi-grain pasta, 98% fat free mushroom soup, french style green beans, 1 can tuna, topped with breadcrumbs and popped into the oven to warm. |
| Red peppers slices and steams to warm and soften them up |
| Tonight's hummus of choice was Tribe Roasted Garlic Hummus! Delish! |
| Side salad - chopped up romaine lettuce, light ranch salsa, wasabi crispies, a sprinkle of weight watcher shredded Mexican cheese |
| Yum. |
Question of the night, inspired by SkinnyRunner: Do you work out with your significant other? Do you wish you did? (or didn't have to? haha)
My answer to this is not usually. Today was an exception. Joe did the elliptical for a half hour while I did the treadmill for a half hour. We then met up for the swim. It was nice to workout along side one another.
I usually work out alone, but it would be nice to have a running buddy or motivator to go out there with you on days you don't feel like it. On the other hand, I enjoy being alone while running too. I get to listen to music that I love, go at my own pace, and think about things as I hit the pavement. I think a little bit of both is nice.
Here are some celebrity couples who workout together. We'll see how many break up in the next year and do some statistics on if it makes your relationship stronger or not. I know if I had someone I was dating training me and telling me what to do, our relationship would be over before we hit the showers. I don't like being told what to do...even if it is for my own good.
My answer to this is not usually. Today was an exception. Joe did the elliptical for a half hour while I did the treadmill for a half hour. We then met up for the swim. It was nice to workout along side one another.
I usually work out alone, but it would be nice to have a running buddy or motivator to go out there with you on days you don't feel like it. On the other hand, I enjoy being alone while running too. I get to listen to music that I love, go at my own pace, and think about things as I hit the pavement. I think a little bit of both is nice.
Here are some celebrity couples who workout together. We'll see how many break up in the next year and do some statistics on if it makes your relationship stronger or not. I know if I had someone I was dating training me and telling me what to do, our relationship would be over before we hit the showers. I don't like being told what to do...even if it is for my own good.
![]() |
| Josh and Fergie |
![]() |
| Jessica and Justin |
![]() |
| Hank and Kendra |
![]() |
| Jim Toth and Reese |
![]() |
| Scarlett and Ryan (already filed for divorce) |
What do you guys think?
The couple that works out together stays together?
or
Working out is my alone time, and I prefer to do it by myself.





Good job on the swim. I love swimming, but I find breathing difficult during the freestyle. I can rock the breaststroke all day though!
ReplyDeleteKeep practicing, and before you know it, you'll be swimming that mile. Remember to keep your fingers together. That tip made a world of difference for me.
I love working out with my boy, though he shows me up at everything. 'Cept swimming. Though he can do all that brick underwater crap. Stupid Marines.
I'm excited about this celebrity following. I love celebrities, and think this will be a fun project!
Hi! I am not a great swimmer either, but the best teaching program is "Total Immersion" by Terry Laughlin. There is a paperback book and a couple of videos. After learning Terry's method, swimming was much easier for me! I am still no speed demon, but I did my first Tri last year and wasn't embarrassed with my swim time.
ReplyDeleteAs for working out with my hubby, yes I do a lot of the time. We trained for our first Tri together. He whipped my butt!
I run with the BF occasionally, but neither of us really enjoy it much because he's FAST- his average pace is like a 6:30, which makes me want to die after about five minutes. He's run at my pace a few times during trainings just to push me and encourage me, but for the most part I prefer to keep it my "me" time too!!
ReplyDeleteSwimming is hard. I used to swim in middle school but haven't done laps since!
My boyfriend and I will occasionally go down to Kelly Drive or Forbidden drive together to run/walk. I think he only comes with me because he's "concerned" about my safety. It's a great way to spend some extra time together, especially when life gets busy.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to run with my spouse occasionally or at least go to the gym together but that's my priority, not theirs so it rarely happens. That's okay though. I do like making friends that exercise!
ReplyDeleteI give you credit for even getting in the pool!! Good job!
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog... hi!
ReplyDeleteI like the high-tech screen on that treadmill!
my spouse and I don't train together bc our paces are not at all close! he's much faster than I am. However, we do run in the same park at the same time sometimes, and we high five when we pass each other.
ReplyDelete