Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jillian Michaels 6 pack Abs First Impressions

First impressions of Jillian Michael's DVD 6 weeks to 6 pack abs is that I'm intrigued so far...I didn't think level 1 was terribly hard, but it was a decent workout.  I felt like my heart rate was raised, and I really liked that she keeps you constantly moving the entire time.  There is no time to rest, and this means that the time flies by pretty fast.  I did it without sneakers, which I won't do again.  She had us doing a lot of stand up moves that would have been easier with sneaks.  I figured since it was abs and core that it would be mostly lying down exercises, but I was wrong.  She takes you through a long circuit and does it twice.  I also liked that she showed you different modifications to each exercise for a beginner, intermediate, or advanced participant.  

I'm going to keep with it, and see how it goes.  It's definitely not going to be my only workout of the day, I'll say that much.  I feel like although a video does get me up and moving, I really need cardio to feel like I've done something productive (exercise-wise).  This will be a great addition to the cardio I already usually do.  We will let the before and after pictures be the judge to this 6 week challenge.


I'm ready.  Lets go!
After our little workout (Joe joined me) I was hungry.  But then again, I'm always hungry.  I ate an orange which was delightful, but then I was still hungry.  After raiding the pantry I decided on soup that was only 80 calories a serving and had a ton of veggies in it.  Cha-ching!  Bingo!  It was yummy and full of fresh ingredients!  Feels got to get 2-3 servings of veggies in as my late night snack. 

Uh, Joe, can you give us moment please?


Lots of veggies

soup!

spoonful!
That's all for tonight!  Gotta get my run on tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. How are you feeling the day after? Definitely keep us updated on what you think about this DVD!

    I think what helped the most with my speed (which, to be honest, I feel like I'm pretty slow... but then there are always those people who are faster than us, and always those who are slower, right?) was running on the treadmill. Last year all I did was run on the treadmill, and would run 8 miles at 7 mph, then after some time I was able to up it to 7.5 mph. I would love to have a treadmill again so I can do speed work and up my pace some more.

    ReplyDelete