Today is a good day! (Runner's high anyone?) I hit one of my January goals!!!! Run 5 miles! Check!
I ran 5 miles on the treadmill in 57 minutes (pace 11:24). It was tough, I'll take you through the journey.
- 0.75 miles - my calves hurt. I'm already hot. I should have worn a tank top even though its 25 degrees outside.
- 1.8 miles - phew I'm tired. At least my calves feel better. I need some water. I think I'm going to drink every time I hit the next mile.
- 2.0 miles. Damn that water tastes great.
- 2.5 miles - half way there! I take the speed down from 5.5 miles per hour to 4.0 miles per hour for .25 miles. Fix the headband for the one person in the gym who's probably not even looking my way, drink some water, catch my breath.
- 2.75 miles - Why did that .25 miles go so quickly when it drags when I'm running. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
- 3 miles - Maybe I should just attempt 5 miles another day.
- 3.1 miles - NO. You will do 5 miles today if you have to crawl on this treadmill (which I admit would be a site to see)
- 35 minutes into the run - OK so I've got about 22 minutes left If I keep running at 5.5 miles per hour. I'm going to count down every minute until I get to 57 minutes at 5 miles.
- 22 minutes left, 21 minutes left....14 minutes left, 8 minutes left..1 minute left!
- Done! Do I feel an amazing sense of achievement? No, I feel really tired and hot. Why the the gym crank the heat so high? Don't they know people work out here?
| Half way there stats |
| Total stats |
| 5 mile Diva! |
After my run, I stretched a little and walked home. In addition to the 5 treadmill miles I ran, I walked to and from the gym which is a mile round trip. (6 miles total).
Lunch was before the run: Chicken salad on a whole wheat Thomas' bagel thin (mixing it up from the everything bagel thins) with tomatoes. There was also an unpictured orange which was identical to the one I ate as a late night snack last night.
| This sandwich was really delicious |
| perfection |
| last night's orange picture - pretty similar encounter today |
Also when I walked in from the gym, I cheked my mail and had knee socks in the mail from Katie at Run for the Bikini. I won them in a giveaway and was super excited to get them! They even match my free weights! Amazing. Thanks again Katie.
| Um now I can coordinate perfectly! |
Before I rock the second day of Jillian Michaels, I watched today's episode of The Talk which is my secret guilty pleasure. The Supernanny Jo Frost was on. This show is seriously the best. I don't know what it is about me and shows that 35 year old mothers of 3 would love. Seriously. I'm all about the TCL shows and bad reality TV.
Does anyone else secretly love boring shows geared towards women in their 30's and 40's? Kate plus 8 anyone? Or really any shows about sextuplets, losing weight, or bad reality shows about semi-famous people?
For me? Yes to all of the above. Time to spend some quality time with Jillian.
That's awesome that you made 5 miles!! Serious kudos to you!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love the socks. Funky socks are kinda my THANG, and I fully support anyone who rocks fun socks.
Good work! New Follower :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome job running! 5 miles will get easier and easier! : )
ReplyDeleteI watch just about everything on tv. Kate plus Eight and every other reality show on TV.
Your chicken salad sandwich looks SO good. I want it in my belly :)
ReplyDeleteYayy you got the socks!!
ReplyDeleteGood job reaching a goal, I love that you set monthly goals. I didn't set any specific goals for January, but maybe i'll make some for Feb. Actually I'm making a goal for Jan. right now to do all my hundred push-ups workouts, I haven't missed one yet so I'm still good :D
GREAT job on the 5! your chicken salad looks amazing! I'd want it if my belly didn't hurt like all heck right now...
ReplyDeleteCongrats on hitting 5 miles!
ReplyDelete