Tonight was a lot of fun. Me and two of my besties went to Buddakan in Old City Philadelphia. It was awesome. I had been to the Buddakan in New York a few years ago for a friend's birthday, but going for restaurant week in Philly was really great.
Since it was a BLIZZARD out, we got to move our ridiculously late reservation up earlier, and the restaurant wasn't that full considering it was previously booked solid. It's also thunder-snowing for basically the first time ever. There is a ton of snow and crazy amounts of thunder and lightening happening. What is happening with this weather lately???
"Hey Joe, Take a picture of me before going out to dinner...yeah over by the fish bowl..."
Obligatory full body shot
The big Buddha at Buddakan
Riesling = a close friend
Pammy's coctail
Melissa got shrimp and scallop egg rolls which we split. They were absolutely scrumptious!
I split my classic chicken dumplings with her! It came with 5, but I forgot to take the picture because I was so excited!
Entrees - All three of us got this for our main course. Char Grilled Aged Beef, Szechuan fries, watercress salad
Dessert: Crying Chocolate
warm chocolate cake with a soft center, Vietnamese coffee ice cream
waterfall wall
Old city blizzard
It would be cute it the snow wasn't whipping my face and embedding itself in my eyes
Overall a great meal and a great time with the girls! We had to walk a few blocks to find a cab which was MISERABLE. I kid you not it looked like someone in Buddakan gave me a swirlie before I exited the premisis. I had to seriously towel off when I got home, and my hair is still wet (which is upsetting because I hate washing my hair unnecessarily...don't judge).
Oh..by the way...I saw this Target commercial today, and it reminded me of my boyfriend when he was a child. Maybe he was a secret child actor for target commercials and they are just releasing the juicy footage now...
YES! We were supposed to have reservations for lunch at Buddakhan today but there's no way we can all make it over there. So, your post made me simultaneously happy & sad at the same time (happy to live vicariously, sad I won't be experiencing it today for myself).
And your boyfriend? Was totally that kid.
Enjoy some snow frolicking today (especially now that the ground is covered but the weather should be gorgeous!)!
I'm living vicariously through you. Here I don't have restaurant week or pretty snow like that! Just dreary over cast days and boring food. Can't wait to hear about your next outing. Super cute outfit btw.
YES! We were supposed to have reservations for lunch at Buddakhan today but there's no way we can all make it over there. So, your post made me simultaneously happy & sad at the same time (happy to live vicariously, sad I won't be experiencing it today for myself).
ReplyDeleteAnd your boyfriend? Was totally that kid.
Enjoy some snow frolicking today (especially now that the ground is covered but the weather should be gorgeous!)!
I remember going to Buddakan for my parents' wedding anniversary when I was like 8 or 9. I don't think I appreciated it then, but I want to go back!!
ReplyDeleteThat little boy is awesome. I'm glad I'm not the only person who eats from the PB jar with my hands.
I'm living vicariously through you. Here I don't have restaurant week or pretty snow like that! Just dreary over cast days and boring food. Can't wait to hear about your next outing. Super cute outfit btw.
ReplyDeleteWish this blog post featured me too :( super sad I couldnt eat that yummy food with you
ReplyDelete