Friday, January 7, 2011

Bolt Bus Blogger

Right now I am on a bus to New York City to stay until Saturday night!  I'm taking the bolt bus which is a must know for anyone who lives in the major east coast cities of Philadelphia, Boston, New York, or Washington D.C.  The bus takes you right from the heart of one city to the heart of the next for between $11 and $13 each way per person.  Extra cheap.  Even the cheapest train route, which would include switching from Septa to NJ transit in Trenton, is more than double that.  If you were to take a direct train it could be close to $60.



I wish I had some fitness or eats to share with you, but I was a major sleepy head this morning. This not only means that I didn't workout or have time to eat (both I had wishfully planned to do but sort of knew they would never be executed), but also didn't really have time to pretty up for my day in New York.  At least it's cold out, so I'll just sport a cute hat until I shower up later (don't judge).

So right now this blogger is a tad bit tired and hungry (i.e. cranky-pants), but I'll be in New York in not too long, and lunch is the first thing on the agenda!  Lots of fun plans for this little two trip, and I can't wait!  But if anyone is making the commute up to New York from Philly or is somewhere along the route and wants to hunt down my bus to toss me a breakfast burrito through the window, I wouldn't hate it. 

I dream of breakfast burritos.
I'm looking forward to some possible running in New York.  I brought my cold gear and sneakers, but it is snowing so I'm hoping it's just a dusting and maybe I can get out there today and tomorrow.  I took yesterday off to clean and relax.  If anyone can recommend some good running routes around 34th street on the east side let me know! 


On another note, I really really really don't want to go back to school for the FIRST time in my life.  I love going to school and usually I'm excited to go back and turn over a new leaf.  This semester I'm petrified because I know that I need to buckle down and study a lot these next 3 semesters.  Nothing is ever guaranteed and nothing with be handed to me without me having to earn it.  I'm sure by the end of next week when I am getting ready to go back I'll be excited for another semester and fresh start, but until then....I'm not thinking about it.  School is so mentally draining that I sometimes have anxiety about it, and I DEFINITELY needed this winter break to do absolutely nothing academic related. 

Happy Friday!  Hope everyone has something fun planned for this weekend!

1 comment: