Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Farmacia lunch date

Today I went on a fabulous lunch date with a fellow blogger, Gabriela from Une Vie Saine.  Funny story of how we found one another...when skinny runner featured me on her blog as one of her cat lady bloggers, Gabriela recognized me from middle school/high school and commented me.  She graduated a year after me, and she also has a healthy living blog.  Since we were both on winter break, we decided to meet up for lunch and catch up/get to know one another because we didn't really know each other in high school. 

Lunch was at Farmacia which is a great restaurant in Old City that I've been dying to try  (I first read about it from Leslie at Andherlittledogtoo) .  It was a healthy restaurant full of vegan and vegetarian options so I thought it would be perfect for our lunch date because Gabriela is currently eating vegan.  We chatted about blogging, conferences, races, school, and life.  It was great to get to know her, and it was also great to eat some amazing food!  Farmacia boasts that it is a restaurant fit for foodies, and it specializes in capturing the pleasures of simply crafted food and excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. They also create great tasting food and beverages crafted from local, organic, and artisanal producers.

I got the goat cheese, pesto, and tomato sandwich on sourdough bread with a side veggie salad.  It was very delicious.  She got vegan tamales.  


Table center piece

Fresh delicious bread

Butter with herbs

My meal! (the salad was one of the freshest I've had in a while)

This sandwich was to die for

The restaurant bar, not very busy on a Tuesday for lunch

This is what bloggers do, at least it was just the two of us so we had no one else to embarrass.  By the way her camera kicked me cameras ass.
I stole this picture from her blog to show the contrast in cameras, my camera was her cameras newborn baby cousin.



After lunch I hussled to get my butt over to the gym and get some miles in before the snow storm.  I went to my school gym and hopped on the treadmill to do 4 miles at around 5.5mph.  Felt good to get them done with.  I also did not slow down once which was awesome.  4 miles was rather long and tedious for a treadmill, but now I'm super glad I got it in.  

Yup I asked a stranger on the bike next to me to snap a picture.  Me: Hey can you do me a weird favor and snap a picture of me running?  Him:  Sure, and I won't even ask why.  Me: Thanks!

new personal best for 4 miles!


Beat red face after the run
Happy face to be done! 
Anyone else have any stories of making a new friend that you had a connection with in your past? 

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha I seriously love that you asked someone to take a picture of you running. I definitely wouldn't have the guts to do that but wish I did. Awesome job on the run! It was great to see you today...definitely needs to become a more regular occurrence. I'm glad I found another foodie friend to discover Philly with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally crazy that the two of you re-met because of a blog. Totally awesome, too. And, yeah, I think my "camera" is the great-great-grandchild... or great-great-grandmother, rather, as it's just junk basically.

    Great job on the run! Gutsy to ask someone to take a picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that you had someone take a picture of you running!! AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete