Tonight I crossed the finish line of a very important race I like to call...restaurant week! I went out to dinner with the family. We hit up the the ultra snazzy steak house, The Palm. The ride there was a little bit stressful, with the snow, broken down cars, ambulances, double long buses, and pedestrians. We eventually made it to the restaurant, 30 minutes late for our reservation, and had an amazing time.
 |
| Two bottles of Sauvignon Blanc please and thank you |
 |
| Romaine salad tossed with oven dried tomato, spiced candied pine nuts, crispy shallot rings and Caesar dressing |
 |
| Filet mignon with potato rosti, bacon wrapped portabella mushroom and merlot reduction |
 |
| The fam split these potatoes and 2 veggies: three cheese potatoes |
 |
| sauteed green beans |
 |
| creamed spinach |
 |
Dessert! Chocolate Banana bread pudding with dulce de leche
yum! |
 |
| My dad wanted to be in the blog tonight... |
 |
| then my brother hopped on the bandwagon... |
Oh and in case you didn't get your daily dose of Shannon, I did a little pre-dinner photo shoot in my bathroom mirror...
All in all...great feast, and great restaurant week season (it's like a sport). Now I need to sober up and get a little studying done before hitting the hay. I seem to have a weekend full of studying ahead of me, and I really hope I get a lot done. Mini goal of the evening: don't turn on the TV. Because once I do...I know....night over. No more studying to be done. I hope everyone else is doing stuff that is more fun than studying tonight/this weekend! Sorry for being such a fuddy-duddy!
Quote about The Palm from Patti Stanger (from Matchmaker Millionaire on Bravo)
"Real men eat meat and successful men love steakhouses. The Palm is my favorite place for this."
Anyone tried to pick up some silver foxes at upscale places like The Palm. Tell me your stories!
I checked out the bar scene on the way out and was definitely a little unimpressed with the crowd...
we have one of those in Houston, heard its good but never been. looks yummy from your pictures! your blog is fun to read...
ReplyDeleteTHAT LOOKS AMAZING!! I want those cheesy potatoes!! You are adorable. What a fun time!!! I have never been to an upscale place ha!
ReplyDelete