Monday, December 12, 2011

All-Nighter

All nighters can come in two forms.  Fun care-free nights…and long hours spent studying.  I have had many many all nighters…99% were the latter. 

Good morning to all those waking up!  I don’t think I’ve ever posted this early…or late…I suppose it is all relative.

Yesterday was a long day of work at the pharmacy, then a pretty long night of studying.  I mean, who am I kidding…I’m still studying at 5am.  (My last few exams when I did partake in 3 hours or so of sleep I literally felt like a truck hit me when I woke up in the morning….so I think I’m going to try riding this one out all night).  I decided to take this little study break to clear my mind for a bit and stalk some of my favorite bloggers. 

I packed a pretty delicious lunch to take to work yesterday of a lunchmeat sandwich, grapes, multi-grain “guilt free” crackers, 1/2 grapefruit, and a banana.  The grapefruit and the banana never made it into my belly, but I always feel like it’s better to over pack than be hungry.  Shout out to Joe for making me a sandwich.  Sandwiches always taste better when someone else makes them for you, plus you get the added surprise of not knowing what is on it until you investigate your lunch box.  It brought a little excitement to my day.  Did I just give away how boring I am?

004

Dinner was a feast.  I started dreaming of it while at work and I couldn’t get the meal out of my head.  When I came home I immediately whipped up some white cheddar and shells mac and cheese which I mixed with canned tuna and some whole wheat bread crumbs.  The result is a fantastic casserole-y type dish…and unfortunately I had no self control and ate everything I made.  This is always the risk when you cook for yourself but make more than one portion.  Also unfortunate was that I spent nearly 20 minutes trying to open the can of tuna.  My electric can opener kept shorting out, and my manual can opener is from Ikea, and I swear it doesn’t work on American cans.  It tries to open them from the outside (which is way too thick)…not the top of the lid.  It was quite a process getting my beloved tuna out, but the tasty meal definitely made my efforts worth it.  I did also eat some leftover green beans…so at least I did get some veggies in too. 

018024

Ok. Back to work.  If anyone sees this before 10:30 am please send me some good vibes.  My first final is tomorrow and it’s my “big” subject.  I think I’m ready to kick some infectious disease butt though!  :-) 

Contacts out….glasses on….time to get serious.

031

3 comments: