Monday, December 5, 2011

Short Term Goals

I don’t know about any of you guys, but am very goal oriented.  One of the major reasons that I sign up and compete for races…besides all the prize money I win from coming in first…(I kid) is to have a long term goal to work towards.  Like-wise, I make very detailed to-do lists which serves as a source of short term goals that need to be accomplished by a certain date.  After assessing my performance in races this past year, I know that having these long term goals works for me, but I definitely have difficulty adhering to training plans. 

If I don’t work out first thing in the morning, then I will put it off until later.  Sometimes that 5 mile run will turn into a 3 mile run, which will turn into 30 minutes on the elliptical, which will turn into an “off day” because who isn’t exhausted by 8 or 9 at night?  It happens way more than I would like it to, and today I have decided to set a short term goal of completing all of my planned workouts for this week…as planned.  No substitutions or day-trading allowed. 

I have been slacking since the Philly Half, and I think there’s no better time to try and get back to sticking with a training plan than the preset.  After all, Disney Half Marathon is is just over a month, and I really want to be in good shape for it.  Also, from a weight and health standpoint, finals time is always incredibly difficult for me to stick with healthy living.  Finding spare time to grocery shop is really hard, so cooking healthy meals sometimes falls by the wayside.  Factoring that in with late nights and lots of cramming doesn’t lead to very efficient workouts as well.  Having a really good week of workouts leading up to finals will definitely be beneficial to me!

So today was day one…and I got my butt up for Monday morning spinning.  Had a great sweat!  I really love spin…I wish my favorite instructor taught every day, but then I’d never want to run or weight train again.

013

This week’s workout plan:

Monday – Spinning

Tuesday – 3 mile run and weight training

Wednesday – 30 minutes elliptical

Thursday – 5 mile run

Friday – 3 mile run and weight training

Saturday – Spinning

Sunday  - OFF

Breakfast this morning was an open faced sandwich of sorts…Arnold’s multi-grain sandwich thin, ham, Sargento part skim mozzarella, and eggs with a side of turkey bacon. 

021

Lunch was picked up at the cafeteria while studying on campus during the day.  A simple stir fry with chicken, some veggies, rice, and teriyaki.  (un=pictured)

I’m off to go make dinner.  I think I will be making Italian tonight!  I’ve been craving it for a while and there is some ricotta in the refrigerator calling my name!

1 comment:

  1. I got my package today!! I cannot wait to try this coffee!!

    ReplyDelete