Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Covers

Day 5 of the 7 day workout challenge went great!  After a hearty breakfast…

003007

I made it to the gym.  I did 3 miles on the treadmill that started out at 5.8mph.  After about 0.5miles I was feeling like my legs wanted to go faster and harder than 5.8mph so I upped it to 6.5 which is fast for me.  I did intervals at 6.5 and 4.0 and finished my 3 mile run in about 33 minutes.  Felt great.

I then moved on to complete the strength portion of today’s workout:

Upper Body Strength Session:

Exercise Wight Reps
Arm Curl 20 lbs 12
Seated Row 45 lbs 12
Lat Pulldown 45 lbs 12
Dip Assist -100lbs 12
Curl Assist -100lbs 12
Shoulder Press 30 lbs 12
Tricep Dips 60 lbs 12
Push Ups 0 lbs 10

I repeated the circuit 2x then went on to do an ab workout and stretch.

Ab Workout

50 crunches

30 seconds horizontal scissor kicks

30 seconds vertical scissor kicks

50 middle-reaching crunches

60 seconds bicycle crunches (30 seconds fast, 30 seconds slow)

60 second plank

Lunch:

Sandwich with pesto chicken (leftover from last night) on whole wheat bread, red grapes, multi-grain pita chips, and a scoop roasted garlic hummus. Yum.

009

Unfortunately I have to dry my hair and get my butt back down to campus.  I have a skinny vanilla latte and a seat at Starbucks with my name on it.

What I’m loving today:  Michael Buble’s version of All I Want for Christmas is You…I really love covers in general…and this one is great!

What are some of your favorite Christmas “covers”?

1 comment:

  1. Nice workout!!! I was just listening to Michael buble's Christmas album while studying actually! Love it!

    ReplyDelete