Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Continental Night Out

Tonight I went out to dinner with two of my sorority sisters at mid-town Continental, a trendy Center City restaurant.  Dinner wasn’t until around 8, which is way later than I usually eat, so needless to stay I was starving (especially after today’s workout!).  Luckily my ladies were starving too, so we got a bunch of plates to share.

“Sourpuss” cocktail…Smirnoff vodka, St. Germain elderflower liqueur, sparkling wine, lemon and sour nerds

005

Kofta, Indian Spiced Beef Skewers with a Yogurt Dipping Sauce

009

French Onion Soup Dumplings Baked with Gruyere Cheese

011

BBQ Chicken Quesadilla with Avocado Sour Cream

012

Crispy Calamari Salad with Bitter Greens and Soy-Sesame Dressing

013

Lobster Mac and Cheese with Orzo, mascarpone, and fontina

016

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Red Curry and Peanut Sauce

017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup with Creamy Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse

019

Holly amazeballs of a dinner!  Everything was so good.  I don’t know why I don’t go to Continental more often, everything I have ever tried here has been beyond delicious.  Out of what we ordered tonight, I’d say BBQ Chicken Quesadilla and the Calamari Salad were my favorites, Thai lettuce wraps were least favorite.  The Lobster Mac and Cheese was really good too, but it’s a “must share” because if you were to eat the whole thing I’d suspect there would be a belly ache in your future..super rich!

Now my night is filled with a little Tori and Dean, a little studying, and avoiding twitter so that I don’t see who won the Biggest Loser Marathon.  Shh no one tell me!

3 comments:

  1. this post made me STARVING everything looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love continental-and really any Steven starr restaurant! Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just at Continental the other night! It is one of my favorites. My sister and I love brunch there, and dinner was just as good! We also got the calamari salad and lobster mac & cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete