Today’s workout just seemed to keep getting put off later and later in the day. I slept in, woke up and checked emails, ate some brunch, and watched a show that I had taped from the night before. I then was getting ready to lace up my sneakers when I realized that my planned workout would be 2 hours or so and my dad needed the car at 3. We compromised and left at 2, I dropped him off at golf and then took the car to the gym. Having to work a car schedule around 4 people isn’t easy.
Today’s workout…was brutal. I find anything over 5 miles on a treadmill to be boring and tedious. I was determined to get it done, and did a similar motivational technique as yesterday’s run (3 songs running, 1 song walking, repeat). It was nice not to look at time or distance but to focus on just completing 3 songs at a time. The short term goals made it much more bearable, and after every four songs I would change the artist for the next batch. It was an interesting technique that did the trick.
12/28: 7 mile run and weight training legs
I also kept telling myself that this was my longest planned run until after the new year. Once I got it over with there were easier workouts ahead of me. Yay cross training days!
My legs were pretty spent after 7 miles on the treadmill, but I did a light leg strength training session because I still had a little left in me to give!
| Exercise | Reps | Weight |
| Leg Extension | 15 reps | 45 lbs |
| Leg Press (feet in) | 12 reps | 70 lbs |
| Leg Press (feet out) | 12 reps | 70 lbs |
| Lunges | 20 | 0 lbs |
| Step Ups | 10 each leg | 0 lbs |
I did the circuit through twice and called it a day before picking up a few items at the market for the family and picking my dad back up from golf.
By the time I was home, it seemed as if the day had gotten away from me. It was nearly 5, and since we had dinner plans for 6:30 I had to shower up and get ready.
Dinner was at the steak house in our golf community called Forte. We have eaten there before and always love going. It is definitely a special treat!
After eating enough so that my stomach was about to explode (that oh so good and oh so bad feeling), I decided that next time I should probably just get an appetizer and sides. The sides were definitely my favorite part, and although the steaks are great, it is just a ton of food.
My three favorite beverages, riesling, water, and diet coke
Creamed corn au gratin
Potatoes au gratin
Mashed Yukons
Pomme Frites with truffle mayonnaise dipping sauce
I was so excited snapping pictures of the delicious carby family style sides that I forgot to snap a picture of my own steak. Dumb blond moment. I assure you the steak was awesome. Also, there was a green veggie, asparagus, but that didn’t make the cut for photos either. You can obviously tell what I was most anxious to dig into after a 7 mile run…
After dinner with a belly full to the brim, I plopped on the couch and watched every single episode I had left to see of Revenge. My family had heard that it was a great show so we started watching the first 10 episodes 2 days ago…well obviously it is amazing because I’m already caught up and can’t wait for the new episode next week! ABC.com has all the full episodes posted so I HIGHLY recommend watching them if you are looking for a good show to get into over the holiday week. It’s smart, suspenseful, and the characters are well thought out and captivating. A+ in my book, and I watch a lot of shows so that is saying a lot.
Tonight I am exhausted! I never go to bed early enough even though all week I’ve been tired enough to go to bed at 8pm. I need to have some willpower to hit the hay because I am getting up early (for vacation-time Shannon) to go to the outlets with my mom tomorrow! Lots of good after Christmas sales to take advantage of!
Anyone else find the treadmill to be tedious after a certain point? What is your limit for miles put in on the treadmill?
After 5 I start to get delirious. Today’s 7 was grueling. I might be able to make it to 8 if I was determined. Anything after that would probably never get done.
I completely understand the tedious-ness of the treadmill! Personally, I find that if I know how long I'm going to be running for, I get bored quicker. I start counting down how long I have to go, it's horrible. That being said, if I trick myself into running longer distances by saying I'm going to run for less time, I can usually go for a bit longer. I'm certainly impressed you managed a leg workout after your run! Good work :)
ReplyDelete