Last night after my DSLR class, I was fortunate enough to get to attend a black tie event that my parents were attending at the Free Library of Philadelphia. The theme was Charles Dickens due to the holiday season as well as a recent donation of a Dicken’s collection to the library.
The library was beautifully decorated like Christmas from a Dicken’s novel. There was a great band playing classic carols, and I was really feeling the holiday cheer. The dinner was delicious, but unfortunately the room was too dark to document the fantastic meal. You’ll just have to take my word for it.
Overall I had a really great Saturday, but I feel like my weekends always book up so fast. Especially since I often work on Sundays, it seems like my weekend always flies while running from place to place. Not that I’m complaining about going to lots of fun events, but I’m going to have to block out a full Saturday and do what Gracie at Girl Meets Life tries to do…”No-Plans Saturday.” While I was running errands downtown after my camera class, I was wishing I had nothing to do and could just explore the city. I wanted to stop in some shops, grab a bite to eat, and see where the day took me, but I had things to check off the list and places to get to. Maybe someday soon I will be able to participate in “No-Plans Saturday”, but I know next weekend will be “Study all day and night for finals…Saturday.” Oh well….got to do what I’ve got to do!
Bed early tonight…spinning off this weekends indulgences in the morning!
Looks like fun
ReplyDelete