So I thought I would put together a little holiday gift giving guide to anyone who still has some people left on their list to shop for. I obviously can’t divulge all my goodies that I have in store for my friends and family because it would give away the secrets, but here are some hot items this year, classic gift ideas, and creative gifts if you are still looking for the perfect item.
For anyone:
A Patchwork Quilt
Last year, I had a quilt made from all of my family’s “rally towels” that we had accumulated during the Phillies playoffs and world series games. I sent them to Campus Quilt Company where in just a few weeks they came back, and the quilt looked amazing. There are a bunch of websites that make “t-shirt” quilts, and it’s a really nice gift to give. Would definitely be good to make quilts out of race shirts or old shirts from high school or college. If you are crafty enough to be able to quilt yourself, it can be an inexpensive and special gift!
The classic scarf, hat, and/or gloves
Santa brought me an Uggs set last year which I love. Cute and soft. Similar to the above picture.
Baked Goods
An ornament
I think ornaments are great gifts because I rarely buy myself ornaments, but they are so special when you pull them out each year to put on your tree. Especially if you are buying a gift for someone in their twenties, they need to start building up an ornament collection of their own! One from their college, a vacation you went on together, or just a special hallmark ornament is sure to be appreciated.
A Kindle
I love reading books on my iPad, and I think that ebooks are definitely the future. They are greener, cheaper, and they don’t take up space in your house when you are done reading them.
For Women:
A Michael Kors Watch
Christmas scented candles
Jewelry
One year Joe got me a snowflake silver necklace from Tiffany’s that I had really wanted and never told him. To this day, I’m not sure who tipped him off that I would love it, but it’s one of my favorite pieces of jewelry and I wear it every winter season.
A cute apron
I got one from a groupon to flirtyaprons.com and love it. Perfect for the baker or domestic diva!
For Men:
Their favorite show on DVD
This is a perfect gift for someone who loves a certain TV show. You can buy the whole series of movies like The Sopranos or Sex and the City, or get the seasons individually at a cheaper price. I know that I often watch the shows that I have the DVD’s for throughout the year.
Cologne
North Face Fleece
You can’t go wrong with these babies…they’re warm, light weight, and cute. Not as dressy as a formal coat, but way better than a sweatshirt while being just as comfortable. Definitely an outerwear winner.
For Athletes:
A Garmin watch
A Camelback
Socks with extra padding and cushion
Sweaty band headbands
A Foam Roller
Hope that sparked some ideas for anyone still looking for last minute holiday gifts!
It’s a beautiful day here in Orlando, Florida! I’m off to get some food and hit the gym. It’s going to be a great day!
i LOVE the idea of the Phillies rally towel quilt!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you are enjoying your vacation!