Well the last two days have been hectic. I did really well on Mondays exam which I was really pleased to see. I did about 15 points higher than the average as well as 15 points higher than my first three exam grades (which were all around the averages). It bumped me up a letter grade and I couldn’t be happier. Today’s exam was pretty manageable as well. 40 of the questions were from a bank of questions that students made up (200 questions to study), and then 10 questions were made up my teacher. Overall, it was pretty easy and I’m sure the average will be high. Two out of four exams completed! Half way there!
I am thankful that my school uses the Wednesday of finals week as a “reading day"" which is basically a day where there is no finals so they can give students a chance to catch up and get some sleep. I like to think about it as a…..ahhh I can take a little time off for one night….day.
I was able to fit in a workout today at the gym after my exam. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym while reviewing an article that is going to be the focus of Friday’s exam. Then I headed over to the machine area and did a lower body strength workout. It’s pretty much the same lower body strength workout as last week, but I increased the weight on the seated leg press and added 10 lb dumbbells while squatting.
| Exercise | Weight | Reps |
| Seated Leg Press 1 | 90 lbs | 12 |
| Seated Leg Press 2 | 90 lbs | 12 |
| Leg Extension | 45 lbs | 12 |
| Leg Curl | 55 lbs | 12 |
| Lunges | 0 lbs | 20 |
| Squats | 10 lbs | 25 |
Ab Workout:
50 crunches
30 toe touches
30 middle crunches
60 seconds bicycle crunches
60 second plank
I am going to enjoy a little breather of a night tonight to rest up for the next three days. I plan on watching some Tori and Dean Home Sweet Hollywood which is one of my favorite guilty pleasure shows. I’m then going to bed early so I can wake up for a great spinning class and a productive day of mastering kinetics!
Finals week snapshots…
quick & easy dinners
Santa spreading holiday cheer at Starbucks..
Fresh highlighters
Bagels and books in bed
Notes on the elliptical…
Stink bug on the ceiling that I noticed during my ab workout
Goodnight friends!
I don't know about you, but I find reading articles from science journals beyond tedious. Talk about a snoozefest, I'd have fallen asleep right on the elliptical! We've published a few papers through work here and I can definitely say the full story of the experiments is normally much more colorful (and curse-inducing) than what gets put on paper. Hah!
ReplyDelete