Today I had my last final! One month of freedom awaits me! I started the day off with the last of my Jimmy Dean D-light breakfast sandwich stash and some grapes. Those Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches were perfect for a busy finals week of studying. I really didn’t have time to cook and prepare meals in the morning and having a quick, healthy, hot breakfast was just what I needed to fuel me up for an exam.
I hit the gym after my exam for an easy 3 miler, then as I was walking home I noticed every teacher at my school at a big holiday party through the cafeteria windows. I was actually pretty impressed with the set-up. There looked like there was a real caterer and a band. Anyways, it was strange seeing them all have a holly jolly time as I was creeping by the windows. I’m sure finals is stressful for them too…but not as stressful as it is for us. ;-)
I had a linner after the gym and before a frantic packing session. Some spinach raviolis, reduced fat Buitoni pest sauce, grilled chicken, and a side of “garlic bread.” The bread was just light wheat with a little “I can’t believe it’s not butter” spray and some garlic powder. Sounds bad, but believe it…It’s amazing. Pop those bad boys in the toaster oven, and you are good to go!
I frantically packed, and I still don’t think that I have enough clothes for the week. I’m pretty sure I have NO weather appropriate bottoms except for workout shorts…but maybe I’ll just go pant-less on vacation…I’m sure that will go over well with the staff on the Disney cruise. I also forgot my camera charger…which knock on wood will hopefully be ok. I’m just going to have to conserve battery!
When I got to the airport, I had about 15 minutes before my flight was going to start boarding. I decided to enjoy a drink by myself at the bar in Chickie’s and Pete’s. Sometimes it’s nice to have a drink and people watch.
I lucked out and not only got an exit row seat (cha-ching!), but also got a free drink ticket from someone in my row (double win!). I may be missing my classes bar crawl tonight by coming down to Florida, but this drink ticket was almost as good…almost!
The best part about being done finals is being able to read….a book instead of notes on infectious disease…those aren’t exactly a ball of fun. I read so many notes for school that I’m thrilled to be able to dive into a novel. I’ve actually been “reading” a book on my iPad for months…literally all semester. At least I will finally be able to finish it and start some others. Vacations are definitely the time when I read the most since I don’t have all my favorite TV shows to watch or school work to do. Sometimes curling up with a good novel is the best thing ever.
Time for a long post finals week hibernation!
No comments:
Post a Comment