Monday, December 26, 2011

Assessing the Damage

I am definitely feeling the effects of the holiday season.  So many parties, cookies, and nights of enjoying wine have left me feeling…well not at my leanest..that is for sure.

Days of Vacation (so far): 10

Days of Cruising: 4

Workouts: 5

Miles Run or Walked: 9

Meals Out: A trillion

Holiday Parties: 4

Pounds Gained: 4

Days Until Disney Half Marathon: 12

hope-spending-holidays-part-dailycandy-holiday-ecard-someecards

The Plan:

  • Try and eat meals at home
  • Watch portion sizes
  • No more than 1 diet soda per day…I need to hydrate better in general and especially in preparing for the half marathon.
  • Stick to the following training plan.
    • 12/27: 5 mile run and weight training arms
    • 12/28: 7 mile run and weight training legs
    • 12/29: 60 minutes elliptical and weight training arms
    • 12/30: 3 mile run and weight training legs
    • 12/31: 5 mile run
    • 1/1: Off
    • 1/2: 8 mile run
    • 1/3: 60 minutes elliptical and weight training legs
    • 1/4: 30 minutes elliptical and weight training arms
    • 1/5: 60 minutes elliptical
    • 1/6: Off
    • 1/7: Disney Half Marathon

(I’m going to try not to modify this training plan, but I will allow some movements since I am back in Orlando on vacation and don’t have any idea of my plans yet.  Ultimately, I’m aiming to have each workout completed before the half.)

Dinner tonight was a cook out.  When we arrived home from the airport I immediately did the two most important things…pick up my gym pass for the next two weeks at a local gym and go food shopping.  We got a ton of great food so we did a little cook out tonight and had a great late dinner.

On my plate: Homemade macaroni salad, Alexia onion rings, corn, a chicken kabob, turkey dog, devilled egg,

171

Full disclosure: Had seconds on the macaroni salad, 2 other devilled eggs, and half a can of light fat free Pringles.  I am not proud of this….it was all just so good.  Something to hope for in 2012…self restraint.

And just for laughs because I came across these photos…

My cousins and I Christmas 1993.

And Christmas 2011.

039

Same exact order and they still seem to match for holidays….might we weird now that we are all in our twenties…hmm.

3 comments:

  1. ah the picture comparison is priceless! love that they are still matching hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! Too cute! I should have done that with my brothers!

    And I feel you on the not feeling so great after the holidays...gah. must get back to it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO @ that someecards picture. It does kind of make me feel a little better about the indulging over the holidays. Some people don't know what indulging is because they eat that same stuff all the time like it's just an ordinary day.

    ReplyDelete