Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guacamole

I’m happy to report that I’m almost finished up with finals week!  Three exams down and one to go until a month of rest, relaxation, and vacation. 

Yesterday while studying at the library, I had heard rumors circulating around that a Mexican place near my campus, Guacamole, had finally opened and was pretty tasty.  Since I was studying until late on campus anyways, I thought some Mexican sounded great!  I got some to go, and Joe and I split two entrees, steak quesadillas and chicken enchiladas, back at my apartment.  It was DELISH.  We also got a side of chips and guacamole.  Do you ever feel like you forget how good the “real thing” is after eating the healthier stuff.  I had a realization that “reduced guilt” Trader Joe’s tortilla chips are good, but definitely not nearly as good as the homemade Mexican deep fried chips.  To make things a little better, I had non-fat sour cream on the side….trying to be responsible…Noms. 

008009

Getting workouts in during busy times of the year can be a huge challenge, and finals week is definitely a hectic time.  In order to stay active, I have been planning my workouts ahead of time and doing everything possible so that it’s easier to stick to my plan.  Yesterday I got a spinning class out of the way bright and early so that way I had the rest of the day to spend studying.  It also got me up and out so ultimately I was able to be more productive! 

Today, I planned to bring all my workout stuff with me to my kinetics exam so that I could hit the gym right after it was over.  The exam was difficult and took longer than I anticipated, so I thought about skipping the gym….but I was already wearing my sneakers and had all my gear….so I just went and did it.  I knew I wouldn’t want to come back to campus to do it later later, and it was better to just get it out the way.  Sometimes you just have to get it done so that it’s checked off the list…even when you aren’t in the mood.  Usually though, once you start your workout, you get in the mood and don’t regret it…and that is what happened today!

Today’s workout:

30 minutes elliptical at a resistance of 12

Upper Body Workout

Exercise Wight Reps
Arm Curl 30 lbs 12
Seated Row 45 lbs 12
Lat Pulldown 45 lbs 12
Dip Assist -90 lbs 12
Curl Assist -100lbs 12
Shoulder Press 30 lbs 12
Tricep Dips 60 lbs 12
Chest Press 30 lbs 12
Push Ups 0 lbs 10

Ab Workout:

50 crunches

60 second bicycle crunches

60 second plank

After completing my sweat session of the day, I was able to run some errands.  Tomorrow’s final isn’t a “hard” class so I was happy to be able to have the afternoon free to get a mani-pedi and a haircut.  I’m trying to spruce myself up a bit for my upcoming vacation and the holiday season!  I’ve been looking a bit haggard lately with the stress and the studying so a day of pampering was much needed and enjoyed.  In between some of the appointments I grabbed my favorite salad of all time.  Fresco’s grilled ahi tuna salad with kusabi dressing on the side. 

IMG_0780

Dinner was a mix of veggies…onions, green beans, and tomatoes with some goat cheese crumbles and light balsamic dressing with a side of Trader Joe’s pulled pork.  It was good, the dressing was a bit sweet.  The inspiration behind the veggie medley was the fact that I am trying to use up as many perishables as possible before going away before the holidays. 

Time to go prepare for my last final!  I have some fun posts coming up once I’m officially on break so stay tuned!

IMG_0779

Song I’m loving at the moment:

Pumped Up Kicks (acoustic) by Foster the People

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment