I’m back in running business. I strolled down to campus this evening for a speedy (for me) 3 mile run. I ran at about 6.0 mph. I started out feeling great and aspired to complete my first sub 30 minute 3 miler. Alas, it did not happen. After the first mile or so I was tired…I definitely am NOT used to running consistently at a 6 mph pace. I walked .15 miles after each mile to get my bearings and then hit it again for 6 mph for the next mile. Still one of my fastest 3 mile runs at 33 minutes and change which included the walking so I was happy. Back in the game!
Pre-run breakfast. Jimmy Dean D-Light breakfast sandwich with light cheese and turkey sausage and 1/2 grapefruit.
Today was productive. I printed out a ton of notes and handouts that I need for the last two weeks of school and organized them in their respective binders. My binders are officially out of control and way too huge.
I wrapped the Christmas presents that I had lingering in my apartment and placed them under the tree. It’s pretty early in the season, but I have a hectic 3 weeks of school coming up, followed by a vacation right after my last final, then two back to back holiday parties as soon as I come home…then it’s Christmas Eve!!! Wrap Christmas presents…check!!! One thing off the list!
I had a tutoring session in the evening and then finished working on my seminar trial slides with the help of some friends who are a year ahead of me in school, and they are lifesavers. My slides are looking pretty good…if only I didn’t have to present my seminar next semester….
Riveting topic right?
I took a long shower (yes…I put showering on my to-do list. If I didn’t it wouldn’t get done) and got in some of my most comfy clothes…
…then I rewarded myself by ordering some Chinese for dinner which I haven’t had…since the summer I think. Well it’s been a while and since I’m on my own for dinner tonight I wasn’t in the mood to cook a meal and clean up etc. Usually Joe and I have a whoever doesn’t cook cleans up policy so I don’t usually have to do both. I had seconds of the Chinese…lots of seconds…I can never control myself with my portions when it comes to Chinese take out…that is why I order the bare minimum and get it like three times a year.
And then I spent the evening in, alone, watching You’ve Got Mail. I love when the internet it dialing up and waiting for AOL to sign on…memories of a simpler time almost a decade ago.
Best part of my day: Finding out my Biggest Loser Stuffed Peppers post was pinned to pinterest. Glad I could share the stuffed pepper love!
Off to watch some taped lectures and do some laundry. It’s a pretty happening Thursday night in my apartment…Can’t you tell?
I sometimes write "shower" on my to-do, just for the satisfaction of crossing it off! :)
ReplyDelete