Friday night was a sad one. I had to say good bye to my best friend from high school who will be teaching abroad for the next year in Korea. We had a great dinner at her house, and a fun night was had by all. I can’t believe it will be a year before I see her again, but I know the time will pass before I know it.
Isn’t that centerpiece cute? Alli picked those flowers on a hike that morning. I wish I was that crafty!
This sushi appetizer was delicious. After that I put my camera down for the evening to enjoy time with my best friend before her departure. The one thing I forgot to do was get a picture of the two of us before she left, but she will be back before I know it. Dinner was my first pasta in a while, Maggiano’s take out! Delicious! I can’t believe that I had never been to Maggiano’s since I feel like people are always talking about it. I would definitely try the restaurant sometime soon.
Saturday morning I had to wake up early for an all day CPR and First Aid class at my school. I definitely am able to save some lives now so if anyone is choking or become suddenly unconscious…I’m your girl! It was a good class, and I learned a lot of valuable information, but it definitely was not on my favorite things to do on a Saturday.
A nap was enjoyed after my certification class, and then I had to reluctantly wake up. I had places to be but all I wanted to do was keep sleeping until morning. My parents had an extra seat at a table at a charity wine gala. Wine? Dressing up? Yes please!
There was a cocktail party with wine tasting and a silent auction of mostly expensive wine, then there was an appetizer course, soup course, silent auction, dinner course, and a sampler of desserts. I think their tactic was to get a lot of drinks in everyone THEN have the live action before the major food comes out. That soup, although delicious, wasn’t soaking up anything. Maybe this way they got more bidders?!? Tricky tricky.
The night was really fun, and I loved the opportunity to taste so many types of nice wine!
Norwegian Salmon Rilette, Fingerling and Sunchoke Salad, Pommery Dressing
Cream of Pheasant Soup with Toasted Pistachio
Petite Aged Beef Filet, Ragout of Autumn Vegetables, Bone Marrow Crouton, Red Wine Reduction Sauce
Assorted Desserts
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway for Godiva Coffee!
Winner will be chosen on Wednesday
Hi From Texas!!
ReplyDeleteOne of my friends worked at Maggiano's in Dallas and it was so hard to not eat there on his discount weekly, such good food.
You looked lovoly and which wine did you enjoy the most? Looks like some very good choices...