This post is going to be a quickie since I am about to venture out for a 5 miler. Yesterday was a long day (again). Definitely excited for a little break after next Tuesday. So little time and so much to do.
Besides always being busy this week, another common theme is meals that are thrown together with what I have in my fridge. Since I didn’t do a big shopping trip, I’ve been going through the few things I’ve had in the refrigerator and freezer and trying to creatively use them.
Yesterday’s Lunch:
Jeannie-O turkey sausage links, onions, marinara sauce, and some ricotta. It kind of tasted like past-less ziti. Paired with an apple. It was super easy to make. I just cooked the sausage links in a pan (as per instructions on the packaging) then mixed the sausage, ricotta, sautéed onions, and sauce in a bowl. I would have sprinkled it with part skim mozzarella, but I thought I was out (I found out I actually wasn’t this morning but oh well it was still very delicious without it!)
Dinner:
I had one of my favorite sides! Green bean casserole! Yum. I haven’t had it in months, and I forgot what I had been missing!!! I dug through the freezer and found two frozen ahi tuna steaks which Joe cooked up for us perfectly. Just the right amount of rareness on the inside and the spices were perfect.
Ok. Now I have to go run because if I don’t go now I never will. I hope it feels as good as the run I had on Sunday. After 2 days of rest I' should be good to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment