Christmas! Ok, so I know I did a post on celebrating one holiday at a time. Now that I have fully celebrated Thanksgiving, it’s time for Christmas.
Since I was home for a few days, I gathered up all my Christmas decorations and my little fake Christmas tree. Last night was the perfect night for Joe and I to have a low key evening in and kick off the holiday season!
When I got home, I came across two very beautiful poinsettias in my living room. My boyfriend is so thoughtful! I went food shopping on my way home and was thinking about getting a poinsettia or a holly plant, but something told me not to. Now I’m glad I didn’t since I would have a had a Christmas plant jungle!
Dinner was quick and easy. At acme I picked up some uncooked pre-cooked sliced beef as well as a pre-cut fajita mix since peppers were not easy to find this time of year for some reason. Heated up the onions and peppers in one pan, cooked the beef in the other, combined them all and tossed them in a little tomato and basil Philadelphia Cooking cream. It was easy and delicious. Whenever I have a veggie and protein based meal like this, I’m always so surprised at how I really don’t need carbs mixed in. Yes, I do eat plenty of carbs, but sometimes to lighten up a dish I’ll leave them out. This stir-fry/pasta like dish tasted amazing with veggie base instead of rice or pasta!
After dinner…it was time to turn my little apartment into a winter wonderland!
My fish was really loving all the Christmas cheer. It may be a bit sooner than I usually set up my Christmas decorations, but I have two weeks of class, a stressful week of finals, then I’ll be on vacation with some of my family before Christmas for a bit. I wanted to get as much enjoyment out of my apartment’s decorations as possible.
The rest of my dessert recipes from Thanksgiving should be up later today so stay tuned! Hope everyone is having a very restful weekend after the Holiday!
When are you guys breaking out the decorations?
the apartment looks great!! glad to see you got to decorate :) ill need to do the same soon I think to get mself in the spirit
ReplyDelete