Monday, November 7, 2011

Foodbuzz Farewell Brunch

When Sunday morning came I was incredibly well rested considering I was waking up at 7am.  I think its because I was already still on Eastern Standard time 3 hours ahead and on top of that got an extra hour of sleep due to daylight savings.  So it really felt more like 11am to me which is more my speed.

First thing I did was hit up the gym!  This was the only morning I used the gym during my weekend in San Francisco, and I’m sad I didn’t use it more!  The gym was nice and included a water filter with COLD water (I don’t understand why every gym doesn’t have these…they can’t be that expensive and water fountains always creep me out), towels that weren’t scratchy, and tons of weight and cardio machines.  They also offered headphones to use, but I brought my own.

054

055056

I lucked out that a treadmill was open when I got there since it was pretty crowded.  I set the distance goal for 5 miles and went to town!  Every so often I’d walk a tenth of a mile or so, but I tried to push my pace up every mile starting at 5.6 and ending at around 6mph.  Overall pace was 11:49 including the walking parts.  I was SUPER sweaty after this run.  I think it was a combination of increasing my speed and being in the direct sunlight from the window for an hour.  I also was wearing my glasses which was very annoying.  They kept fogging up and slipping around my face…I was quite the sweaty nerd.

045

The view from the treadmill was pretty incredible.  I love “city” gyms at the top of hotels.  I was able to watch the sun rise over the bay and the beautiful skyscrapers.  Who could ask for better entertainment than that?

049050052

After running my little butt off, it was time for a shower, wardrobe change, and the farewell brunch.  Brunch was sponsored by Godiva Coffee. (I may have a little giveaway coming up featuring them so stay tuned for that!)  I tried a little of everything in the buffet line which filled me up fast.  It was my intention to try a bit of all the options, but I didn’t want to go back for seconds (which is my general buffet rule).

057058

059

063064

070

Everything was really tasty…especially the mimosa.  We ate near an open window which, even though it was a bit chilly, had a spectacular view that was worth the bundling. 

066069

After nibbling on the smallest granny smith apple I had ever seen…it was time to say goodbye to all my new friends until next year (or the next blogger meet up). 

071072

A big thanks again to Foodbuzz for hosting the festival!  I had a great time, and I was able to connect with so many amazing bloggers!!!

2 comments:

  1. So happy I was able to meet you and enjoy brunch with you! Now...when can I come visit your family's place in Florida. Get me to Disney World! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was just so much yummy fancy cheese. I was really happy to have worked out so much that weekend.

    ReplyDelete