Happy Thursday! It is a happy one for me since I was actually able to sleep in! My body needed the chance to recharge and relax!
First up yesterday was getting all dressed up for lab, going to lab, then walking home in the pouring rain in my dressy clothes. Even with an umbrella I was soaked.
photo via iPhone pre-rain drenching
Lunch yesterday was one of those ”hmm what’s the healthiest things I can find in the cafeteria since I haven’t gone grocery shopping in forever” challenges. The final choices:
Salad bar with spring mix, sprouts, chicken, and hard boiled eggs. They had no onions, and I was pretty sad. My secret to salad bars (if you are bringing them back home to enjoy) is to take the produce and leave the cheese and dressing. I knew that I had reduced fat shredded cheese and yogurt ranch dressing back at home that are a fraction of the calories and taste just as good if not better.
Also had a spicy tuna roll on the side that had virtually no spicy sauce on it. I used my own low sodium soy sauce at home. Confession…prepackages sushi kind of grosses me out sometimes when I see it sitting there in grocery stores, looking rubbery, etc. I actually watched the sushi chef make this roll and put it in the refrigerator at the cafeteria while I was making my salad so I knew it was going to be delicious and fresh!
After a few classes…I went to the Starbucks on campus to get some work done before a tutoring session (getting tutored not tutoring someone…I’m not THAT smart!). I enjoyed one skinny vanilla latte during my solo studying and one during my tutoring session. Confession…I had been thinking about them all day! I think I’m a skinny vanilla latte addict! Is there some sort of 12 step program I can enjoy for fat free delicious lattes?
Dinner was quick and easy. There had been a small pizza from Trader Joes staring me in the face every time I opened my freezer for the past 2 months. Spinach and feta. When I opened it, I realized it was actually pretty tiny. Luckily my lattes filled me up and bit and Joe had eaten a late linner (the meal between lunch and dinner) so it was the perfect portion for us.
Also ate the last of these peanut butter cookies. I’ve been slowly getting rid of them all week, and I’m glad they’re out of my apartment!
After going to class all day, walking around campus in the rain, and then studying all night…it was pretty clear that I needed a good night’s sleep. It had been weeks since I went to bed without an alarm set. I just needed to go into a nice long slumber and wake up when I was good and rested!
Oh and in case anyone was wondering…the winner of the Godiva Coffee Giveaway was Megan over at Fit Crafty English Teacher. Email me at sbarry410@gmail.com so I can get your information!
Also, I’m looking for awesome songs for my playlist for my first half marathon this weekend. Please leave your running favorites in the comments section!
If you don't mind electronic music that doesn't have lyrics, I highly recommend putting "Midnight Runner" by Pendulum on your list. It sounds like it'd be slow in the first few seconds, but then BAM the song takes off. Really anything by Pendulum makes it only my playlists. And I also recommend the album Bottom Heavy by Baby Anne. Good stuff there.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, lady!
you look great!
ReplyDeletebtw i was wondering what happened to the sidebar where it had a list of your blogroll that had posted recently? i always came to your site and used that to get to my other fav bloggers. thanks!
Thanks anon! I moved all those links to the navigation bar under the tab "blog roll." I wanted to add more blogs to the list and they wouldn't all have fit on the sidebar! All your favorites are still there though!
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo!! Thanks for contacting me, too! I am hooked on Starbucks, too. I am actually about to leave for work a bit early so I can grab some coffee.. I can't wait to try the Godiva type, though!!
ReplyDeleteOh.. and songs..
ReplyDeleteI like anything by U2 lately..
"Keep the Car Running" by Arcade Fire
"The Dog Days are Over" by Florence + the Machine