After sleeping in a bit, putting in a few hours of work (studying..) at my office (Starbucks..) I was picked up by my two favorite boys and went to the Philadelphia Marathon Expo. My brother is hanging out with me this weekend so we all went to the Expo then to grab some grub…luckily we were all equally starving because most humans don’t eat dinner at 4pm.
I decided to keep loitering around the expo short and sweet since I had some non-running boys in tow and I knew I would lose their attention fast.
Any high school ladies like prep school boys in rock bands?
The only booth I stopped at was the sweaty bands booth, and that was because I wanted to get a cute headband to match my tye-dyed shirt I’ll be wearing Sunday. I couldn’t decide…so I just got 3. I know I’ll get lots of use out of them so I’ll consider it a worth while investment.
I totally love that my name is so big on my bib! I’m hoping spectators will be able to cheer me on…that or tell me to get my butt in gear because the clean up crew is on my heels….either way…
After the Expo we headed down the block to Chilli’s. I got my usually Chilli’s favorite because I’m very boring and don’t like to mix it up once I’ve found what I think is the best thing on the menu. Fajita Trio = love.
I was feeling festive so I decided to indulge in a margarita. I’ll burn those extra calories off Sunday :-)
I busted into the swag bag when I got home. Nothing too great in there. The bag itself is nice and I really liked the long sleeve tech tees that came with your race entry. The back is my favorite because it has the map of the course. I especially like it because Philly is my hometown, and I’m pretty glad I’ll be running my first half marathon here.
The shirt itself is a little big (a medium but seems huge, especially since I’ve lost weight). It will be the perfect shirt for lounge-around days. And you can bet your bottom dollar I will be sporting it during my P&T exam Monday!!! Unless of course I drop out at mile 2 crying then I’ll probably be wearing a bag over my head come Monday morning…hmm.
…it’s becoming more and more real. T minus 1 day, 10 hours EXACTLY until race time. Ohh boy.
good luck on your first half marathon! I am sooo proud of you!
ReplyDelete