These past few days have been hectic getting back into the routine of school (even though I was only off for 3 extra days…2 of which I normally don’t even have class). Thanksgiving break is such a tease! About three more weeks until I’ll be done finals and officially on Christmas vacation. Until then I have a few assignments due but no exams until finals week. My big goal has been trying to get as much of the busy work/ personal tasks that I have to do out of the way early so that I can focus on studying as hard as possible for finals.
Here are some recent meals….yes, I finally went food shopping…after needing to go for a month!
Special K cracker chips in sour cream and onion. 27 chips 110 calories. Love.
Chicken parm – un-breaded chicken, reduced fat mozzarella, garden chunky sauce, spaghetti that has been in my cupboard for over a year, and an Arnold’s wheat thin with some light butter and garlic salt.
A chicken dish that I made out of some of the leftover onion dip (light sour cream based) from Thanksgiving. It was excellent. I love repurposing food so that it doesn’t go to waste (aka using some of my favorite dip without having to eat an entire bag of chips).
Tonight’s dinner was brinner! Breakfast for dinner that included Jimmy Dean’s turkey sausage links, whole wheat french toast, and eggs over easy.
I felt like I had a huge appetite today, and I have no idea why. I was really craving carbs and salt…even though I skipped my workout. Speaking of workouts, I’ve been feeling unmotivated to exercise since the Philly half Marathon. I took some days off last week to recover, then took a few days off after Thanksgiving to be a lazy bum. I worked on Sunday so I didn’t get any gym time in then. Monday I made it to a spinning class and today…well today I planned a run, talked myself into substituting it for an elliptical day…then never did actually got on the elliptical. When workouts keep getting pushed later and later in the day…it really only just makes it harder to get done. I’m tired from school….yada yada yada….but it’s all the same…excuses excuses. I definitely have the time, I just need to lead with actions not plans.
Action number one, spinning tomorrow morning before my early lab. I hardly ever missed my plan spins since I have to sign up for each class ahead of time. If I miss the class I lose what I paid for that ride. I always am missing or switching out planned runs since I never have anything or anyone MAKING me do them.
Anyone want to come to my apartment and charge me for every single run I miss? Maybe that will motivate me to stick with the training plans I take so long to think out and create.
Self-frustration is the worst. Isn’t it annoying when you know how great your potential is, but you sabotage yourself anyways. It’s one new years resolution that I’m trying to get a jump start on…I know that is for sure. It’s just so easy to have one fatty meal or miss one workout. Ben Davis wrote a great post today about justifying bad habits that begin to form and why we all shouldn’t. Check it out.
All I can do is try harder tomorrow…spin, lab, lunch, class, schoolwork, sleep. See you all tomorrow if I’m still awake at the end of the day!
I've been feeling the same way since the Philly half. I decided today is the day to get back on track, hopefully I follow through!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! School and exercise do not always go together, for some reason.
ReplyDelete