Last night after this dinner…
…I got inspired to bake! First off though, the dinner was ok. Nothing special. I put a Trader Joe’s filet roast in the crock pot. Joe really liked it, but he is a huge fan of crock pot stews and roasts. I generally like my meat a little rarer and moist…so at least he really liked it!
Tonight I am going to my best friend’s going away party. Sadly she will be leaving the United States for a year to teach abroad. I am so proud of her, but I am definitely going to miss seeing her until the holidays 2012!!! That’s so far away!!
I decided to make for her and the people who will be at the party since I love to bake, but have a pretty firm only bake for other people run (or else I will eat EVERYTHING and become obese…no body wants that…)
I decided to try out the Duncan Hines triple chocolate cake mix and made cupcakes with it! There were two types of batter. The regular batter and a thick rick chocolate batter with chunks. I scoops the regular batter into the cake tins until they were 2/3 full then I put a dollop of the dense batter. Frosted with both chocolate and vanilla icing (and fall colored sprinkles of course).
sorry for the glare…bad blogger…
With the cupcakes I also made some peanut butter sugar cookies from a mix bought from the Peanut Butter Company. I am not a huge sugar cookie fan, so I didn’t think this would be that spectacular..but I was wrong! First off, the batter was delicious! So sweet and peanut-buttery…I could have eaten the whole batch in batter alone except for I have some self restraint…thankfully. They turned out pretty awesome, and I hope everyone tonight likes them!
Today’s workout…4 mile walk/run, 2 mile brisk treadmill walk. I aimed to do 8 track miles, but after 4 had to take a slight break due to stomach issues.
Mid-run bathroom classy iphone photo shoot. Don’t I just look oh so happy?
I didn’t want to quit, but it wasn’t feeling good to keep running so I compromised and walked on the treadmill at 4.0 for 2 miles to get my total mileage for the day up to 6. Not ideal. But not terrible.
Time to go get ready for the going away party!
If you haven’t entered yet…head here to enter my Godiva Coffee Giveaway!
You seem to have trouble with your running lately. I wonder if the relative lack of carbs in your diet is contributing?
ReplyDeleteI actually have reintroduced carbs back into my diet. Before this run I had peanut butter on arnold's wheat thins which has worked pretty good as fuel for me before. (Please note I DO NOT post everything I eat). Not sure what the issue has been with my stomach during runs lately but I am trying to see if I can find a pattern!
ReplyDeleteThe cupcakes look delicious!
ReplyDelete