Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Keeping Calm in Chaos

The past two days have been extremely long and grueling.  Yesterday I had many hour of class and meetings followed by a very long night of studying.  I’m talking….till 6am then a nap till 8.  Guess who’s tired?

Today I had a presentation at 9am, an exam at 1, class at 3, and tutoring at 4.  Guess who’s cranky?

015

This girl.

Like those new bags under my eyes?  I think I’d rather have a new coach bags instead…

Yesterday’s eats:

Egg whites, two slices of deli ham, goat cheese, and two Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patties for breakfast

002

Lunch was an un-pictured turkey on wheat sandwich from the cafeteria at school.

Dinner was my first “take out” in months!  I had virtually no groceries after eating them all up all week and then being away at the Foodbuzz Festival on the weekend.  I opted for one of the healthier take out options…a gyro. 

I opted for a chicken gyro from a nearby (and delicious) take out restaurant called Greek Lady.  If you live in Philly I recommend it.  I normally loved to pair this dish with curly fries and really fattening but sinfully delicious honey mustard.  I instead opted for an apple.  It was very filling and I didn’t miss the fries one bit.

009

Today’s eats:

I had a salad on campus, apple, 2 venti skinny vanilla lattes (what??  I was exhausted!) and then my loving boyfriend was a huge help, and he picked up a few groceries for me for the week.  Shout out to my boo for making my life easier during a super-stressful time.  You are the best.

He even made dinner!  Chicken with sautéed onions and mushrooms in Philadelphia cooking cream cheese with a side of fresh green beans.  Insanely good.  I’ve said it before, but Philadelphia cooking cream is the best thing since sliced bread.  GO BUY SOME!

010012

Seltzer and lemon in my favorite “pill pusher” mug :-)  Doesn’t get any better than that!

All I want to do is hit the hay, but I am going to attempt to work on some assignments for a bit longer.  I have a lab practical in the morning to prepare for as well.  I will definitely be relieved when this crazy busy week and a half comes to an end!  Just remember…

How do you eat an elephant? 

…One bit at a time…

…nom nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment