Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hoisin Shrimp

Yesterday was a good, but long and busy day!  I woke up and hit up an 8:30 am spinning class before starting my hectic day on campus.  I normally take the same class on Mondays, but for some reason I felt like this class was much more challenging.  I’m not sure if it was because I’m usually better rested on Mondays after the weekend or if this class was genuinely more challenging, but I was working my butt off…literally.

Lunch was a salad thrown together with the miscellaneous ingredients in my refrigerator.   Romaine, reduced fat feta, tomatoes, onions, and some steak strips. 

007

After a long day on campus, I came home and wanted something…different for dinner.  I decided to try and recreate a recipe from PBFingers, Hoisin Sesame Shrimp.  I followed this recipe without the brown sugar, which I think probably would have held the sauce today a bit more and thickened it up a bit. 

010

 

The shrimp was really sweet.  It was good…but not I’m going to make it every night for the rest of the week..good.  Paired my Asian-inspired shrimp with goat cheese stuffed mushrooms and soy sauce green beans.

This morning I had originally planned an 8 miler, but to be honest I just needed some rest.  My 7 miler on Tuesday really took a lot out of me, and I decided to do some rearranging.  I had a glorious morning of sleeping in and a great breakfast once I woke up!

013

I’ll be knocking a few things off my school to do list this morning and probably hitting up the elliptical before going off and running errands.  I am getting a haricut & mani-pedi before leaving tomorrow morning for the Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco!  I’m so excited to go, but haven’t even been able to think about this upcoming weekend since I have been so busy! 

 

Do you think that workouts seem harder as the week progresses?

Anyone else going to Foodbuzz!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment