It’s a beautiful day here in San Francisco!
I caught a 10:05am flight out of Philadelphia this morning which was a pretty good flight with one exception. US Airways made me check my bag when I went to board the plane because all the overhead bins were full. If I was going to check a bag I would have brought full sized toiletries, more outfit choices, and not have lugged my roller bag through all of the Philadelphia Airport with my other heavy carry-on so obviously this was not ideal. I asked the flight attendant if she could maybe put it where they sometimes stow bags that don’t fit and strollers and she looked at me, said…are you first class? Then told me no. Thanks rude US Airways worker from Philly for getting my weekend off to a smooth start!
After getting on the plane, all was good. I did a lot of school work on the plane and made it a very productive trip. Actually, I think that it was more productive than it would have been if I had been home because I had no distractions. I literally just had my binder and notes to conquer so conquer them I did. Even when I felt like banging my head against my window from 6 hours of studying pharmacokinetics…I also reasoned that the more I got done on the plane the more I can enjoy San Francisco!
I made my way to the Hyatt, and got all settled in my room which is really nice! When I checked in I was told that all the rooms were recently renovated, and there is definitely nothing to complain about with this room….not to mention the added bonus of a city and bay view. Gorgeous.
I like the cool sink…
After settling in the room I went downstairs to pick up my swag bag and badge! Lots of goodies that will be put to good use when I get home. A DIY Cocktail book, a box filled with two Godiva chocolates (which may or may not have already been eaten), Godiva coffee in chocolate truffle and Hazelnut crème, a Godiva coffee mug, Duncan Hines decadent triple chocolate cake mix, coupons to some of my favorite brands such as Sargento, California walnuts, and other small odds and ends were included!
I’m off to explore San Francisco, make some new friends, and catch up with an old friend! Tweet me @philphitpharm if you are here for the Foodbuzz Festival to meet up!
I'm envious of your new coffee and coffee cup. On your way home I've got my fingers crossed for you that they don't make you check your bag again. Hope you have a good time on the rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteOh I hate it when they do that! I mean you go to all the trouble of packing to bring in on the darn plane!!! Your coffee and cup.... drool! Have fun!
ReplyDeletehope you have an amazing time!! i need to plan on going next year because so many of you amazing women are there!
ReplyDelete