You may have noticed that I’ve been deviating from my normal posting schedule and content. On my trip to Europe I was unfortunately unable to post the travel recaps, and as soon as I returned to Philly it was hurricane Irene craziness and back to school tasks to do!
Right before sitting down to write this post, I checked out a few of my favorite blogs. I came across today’s post on Healthy Tipping Point, and I think she hacked into my mind and stole all my thoughts. Her post was entitled one step backward, two steps forward, and I definitely have had to juggle my life differently than normal the past few weeks. Sometimes you just need to take a step back from your normal routine to prevent burning out.
When I packed for Europe, I brought enough workout clothes for the entire trip. They all came back still clean. The first day or two I was exhausted and jet lagged, and then I had many days filled with long tours of new cities that were hot and involved a lot of walking.
What I need to remind myself is that I don’t have to make excuses for not working out, I have A LOT going on right now. I had a hectic international trip, a hurricane (that I wasn’t prepared to go out and face the gym in), and now the first week of school. I know that sooner than later, probably later this week, things will get back to normal, I’ll be back on a regular schedule. Until then…it’s ok to focus on other things and take it easy when I have free time!
I was also having some major anxiety about coming back to school, but now that I have a few classes under my belt, I think I’m going to be ok. Here are some things that I’m already loving about the school year:
- Spending time with my bestie Pam. A lot of our friends have graduated, so in our major it’s just the two of us left. We made our schedules match and get to spend all day together which is awesome! Who wouldn’t want to spend all day with a great friend?
That’s us getting our run on at mile 6 of Broad Street this past year!
- Using my brain! I actually like school! Test are stressful, yes, but I am very interested in the topics that we study (for the most part), and I can’t wait to learn more about them.
- 4.5 day weekend! Well not really….technically I have no classes Fridays, and don’t start until noon on Monday. I also only have 13 credits this semester…so I can enjoy lots of free time.
- Getting back to a routine. Starting on the first day of school, I basically have been trying to get to bed around 10-11 and waking up around 8-9. I really think if I can keep up with this schedule (and avoid the dreaded nap) that I can get a lot done during the day and will be able to enjoy my nights with a bit more free time.
Chinese for dinner tonight…I making a promise (to myself) I’m going to go food shopping on Thursday. I must get back into the routine of preparing my own food. Until then…I’ll enjoy some tasty take out meals!
My first day of grad school was today! Yay for back to school!
ReplyDeleteHave fun and enjoy getting back into a routine! :)