I am back in Philly as of late last night. Here are some eats from yesterday and today!
Best Makeshift Lunch Ever award goes to:
Yesterday, I looked into the fridge at our Florida house, and wanted to put something super easy and good together. So I made a brunch sandwich. Half breakfast-half lunch sandwich. Arnold’s multi-grain sandwich thin with some turkey, a fried egg, raw spinach, red onion, and a slice of Velveeta cheese. Holy goodness! It took 3 minutes to make, and it was surprisingly amazing. I definitely was not expecting the great combination of flavors entered my mouth. This is a must try.
This morning I got up early and headed out towards my house at home to do some internship hours at an independent pharmacy. I didn’t have any food in my house, so I did my best with a wawa lunch! Turkey on a whole wheat shortie with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and mustard. I also got a some sides that I munched on throughout the day…baked cheddar and sour cream chips, apple, grapes, orange. Fiber one bar was breakfast :-)
After leaving the pharmacy, I stopped by my parents house to use their treadmill and drop off some stuff that had been taking up space in my trunk. I had a very slow, yet successful 4 mile run in 51 minutes while watching the movie Taken on TV…it was the perfect treadmill entertainment. Lately I’ve been feeling very slow, but still thankful that I’m just running in general. You know what they say…even if you are the slowest person in the race, you are still lapping everyone on the couch.
Dinner was made by Joe. I asked him to use up whatever we have in the fridge, and he came up with a very tasty concoction. Chicken marinated in a sesame ginger marinade with peppers, onions, and soba noodles. Nom nom nom.
The other night, my Dad said that he overheard some people talking about this great app for diet and fitness. It’s called “My Fitness Pal”. I had some similar exercise diary apps or calorie counting apps, but this one has a few things that set it apart.
You can plug in your food and exercise, and the app will give you your intake/output. You can also plug in your weight, goals, etc., and the app will tell you the calorie range that that you stay in to reach your goals. One of the better features of the app it that it also breaks up your daily diet into a pie chart of carbs, fat, and protein. I thought that was pretty neat to see how my diet is broken up. It also can tell you how much sodium, vitamins, calcium, etc. you are getting, how much you are shooting for, and if you are over your recommendations.
So if you are trying to be mindful of what you are putting in your mouth, I definitely would recommend this app. It has almost all brands of food and a ton of nutrition information from restaurant meals that you can plug in as well. It’s also free! Go get that app!
Bachelorette time! I wish the tabloids hadn’t ruined it for me when I was standing in line in the Publix waiting to check out…
I love MFP! I've been on it for almost 2 years. Great site/app. My screen name is Dandra. Friend request me and we can cheer each other on!
ReplyDelete