Friday, August 5, 2011

To Scoop or Not to Scoop?

Today I am getting back on track.  The last two days I took a break from the gym.  Wednesday was busy because I had a lot of work to do for school, and Thursday I had to attend a meeting on campus and then take a much needed nap. 

Today and tomorrow’s workouts will involve catching up on the past two days without pushing it too hard since I have the SheRox triathlon this Sunday.  I definitely hope to improve my time from my first triathlon, but I unfortunately have not had the chance to bike or swim as much as I would have liked to.  I know I can definitely shave off time from my transitions and my run.  I would also like to cut some time off my bike ride, but we will see how it goes!

This morning I took a nice walk to a local coffee shop and got a wheat bagel.  I took it home, lightly toasted it, and topped it with some peanut butter.  Delish! 

005

Question of the day:  Are you a bagel scooper?  Many celebrities including health and fitness guru Bethenny Frankel have been big advocates for scooping out the insides of bagels.  I generally use mini bagels or bagel thins, but on occasions where I do eat a whole bagel I eat the whole thing.  I feel like scooping out the insides is such a waste!  Am I missing out on a great diet shortcut? 

Are any of you scoopers?  Anyone ever tried it?

3 comments:

  1. I don't get scooping- if you only want 1/2 of the bagel, then just eat a 1/2 bagel... Unless you're doing something with the insides, it just seems like wasting...

    Best of luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to eat a bagel, eat a bagel. Otherwise, do as you said, just eat a mini bagel. All the flavor, around half the size. I could never imagine wasting the bagel in such a way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. with really great bagels, I think the outside is the best part. I haven't done it myself, but I can definitely understand maximizing the ratio of chewy outside to everything else.

    ReplyDelete