Saturday, August 6, 2011

Date Day

Yesterday the boyfriend and I enjoyed a nice little date day after I went to the gym in the morning.  50 minutes of elliptical (about 4 miles) check!

Our date started off at the pool my family belongs to.  We hardly ever go to this pool in the summer because we are often traveling and going down the shore, so I like to use it at least once a summer so I don’t feel like it’s going to waste. 

002004

We spent a few hours in the sun before going back to my parents house and shower up before going out to dinner.  On the way to my house, I got a little side tracked and decided to go to the pet store to play with the puppies.  This is one of my favorite things to do when I’m in the area.  I love pups and someday hope to get one, just not really a reality right now unfortunately.  This little girl was a puppy Pekinese, and she was adorable.  I wanted to shove her in my tote bag and make a run for it.

 005006007

These mini-pigs were also on sale if anyone is interested.  So strange! haha

010

After showering up and doing two loads of laundry for free (thanks mom for letting us use the washer and dryer!), we went to dinner at a restaurant in Media called Iron Hill Brewery.  We had a great meal and a great time!

A glass of Beligian Whitbier to sip on during dinner…

011

We split a little bruschetta with tomatoes and peppers as an appetizer…

012

I got my normal salad, which has salmon, arugula, mushrooms, roasted peppers, feta, and a bread stick.  This dinner is a winner…very light and fresh…I think the salmon was swimming around earlier that day.

014

Joe got a pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries that I snagged a few of. 

015

We indulged in dessert and split a chocolate piece of cake with a peanut butter center and a scoop of ice cream. 

017

Later that night we went with a few friends out to one of our favorite bars in Old City, Mac’s Tavern.  Fun night!

This morning was a great little Saturday morning!  I went to brunch with Joe at the local breakfast place, Rx, where I got my usual, Egg’s Benedict.  Then I headed over to the SheRox triathlon expo to pick up my Bib, t-shirt, and browse around.  I was actually a little surprised at how small the expo was.  There weren’t too many booths, and they were pretty much the same booths that had been at the Philly Tri Expo.  I was thinking that there would be more companies catered to women/women athletes since this is an all female triathlon, but I guess not. 

Got some things to tackle this afternoon before I head to the Taylor Swift concert with my mom!  Should be a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment