Friday, August 12, 2011

How to make my legs beg for mercy…

First, I started off with a morning strength workout…lower body.  While my mom did her strength workout, I walked for about 20 minutes on the treadmill at an incline to get my legs working.

For my lower body strength workout…I did a circuit three times through. 

001002003

1) Squats to touch the ball at a quick pace – 25 reps

004

2) Step ups.  Step up with one leg and bring other leg to chest…bring both lets back to floor…alternate – 10 reps each leg

005

3) Leg press - 50 lbs – 20 reps

006

4) Hamstring Curls – 30 lbs – 20 reps

007

5) Step up and overs…quick pace…a bunch…was so tired so I lost count…

008

After this, take your legs on a 5 hour shopping trip at two different malls to make the really beg for mercy.  I got some great stuff at the mall for my upcoming cruise!!! 

I also want to start making it a personal goal to look less sloppy and homeless…I just can’t help it if I’m built more for comfort than for speed…anyone else love the movie that reference is from?  But seriously, I am trying to add some more classic pieces into my wardrobe, and make a little more of an effort style-wise and not just wear yoga pants/leggings and flip flips/uggs all year round. 

I guess I just find it easier to wear my workout clothes to class, workout, go to another class, and lounge around all night in them…then eventually take a shower…until you get to the point where you are about to get sweaty from the next days workout so just put it off….hmm is there a 12 step program for people like me?

Self Portraiturlsad

Today was also a great day because I finally got my much anticipated e-vite from Foodbuzz for their 2011 Foodbuzz Festival in San Francisco!  I registered for the event, booked my hotel and plane ticket!!!  Yay!  I’m officially going!  I’ve never been to San Fran before so I’m dying to explore a new city!

bridge

 

 

Anyone else’s legs wish they had been on a couch potato’s body today?

 

Anyone else going to Foodbuzz?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment