Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So much to do!

Today when my alarm went off…I did not want to get up early!  Even though it wasn’t that early (9:30) I still wanted to sleep.  I gave my groggy self a pep talk and crawled out of bed to start the day. 

I did very light elliptical session first thing so I wouldn’t put it off.  I plan on running most mornings of my trip, so I just did some light cardio today.  30 minutes at a resistance of 10, and then I was ready to go go go!

I showered up and headed downtown to run a few errands.  Today was a perfect summer day in Philadelphia.  All you people coming in for the Healthy Living Summit are looking at a great weekend!!!  It wasn’t hot, but sunny and bright out.  I could have wandered around Center City all day…but I could not do that because I have a “to do” list a mile long before I have to head to the airport at 3. 

First stop was a mani-pedi.  After my last incident at the place I normally go, I decided to try a similar place downtown.  It was a very nice experience.  They had a light opera music playing in the background, extra long massages, hot stones, and shoulder massages while your nails dry.  Can’t ask for anything more than that!

rittenhouse nails

Before going into the nail place, I went into Manhattan Bagel which is on the same block and enjoyed a bagel thin turkey sandwich.  Yum.  Pedicure and a sandwich?  Perfection!

001

006

Whole wheat bagel thin, turkey, reduced fat cream cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.  One of my favorite “on the go” meals because it’s light and filling.  I highly recommend it to anyone trying to grab a meal on the run!

I wasn’t quite in the mood to go right home, even though I had a lot to do, so I strolled around Rittenhouse Square and went into Barnes and Nobles to get some book ideas.  As soon as I walked in, I saw a box set of The Hunger Games, which I’ve heard are amazing!  I tried to download them to the iPad, but apparently it isn’t available to download…so I picked those up for my trip.  I hope they live up to all the hype!

002003004

Now I have 1 hour to:

Finish Packing

Do the dishes

Pick up the apartment

Triple check everything

Feed the fishie :-)

 

Off I go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm on the second Hunger Games book (Catching Fire) and it is like crack, it's so addicting! Can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete