Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Diabetes Whiz Kid

This morning was my first lab of the semester.  We focused on practicing blood glucose testing and giving insulin injections.  We also had an online quiz which I aced.  It felt really great to start off the semester with 100.  Go me!

010014

I actually already knew how to give insulin injections and test blood glucose because someone in my family is diabetic.  I felt like the diabetes guru with my little pod (group of 4 people) since I actually knew how to do something and could pass along the skill.  Usually I’m the one looking at how other people are doing stuff just to be sure I know what I’m doing. 

I came home for a two hour break and got right down to business.  Threw the laundry in the washer, put on teen mom (ok…this isn’t exactly business), ate lunch, straightened up, and started setting up binders for all of my classes. 

In my opinion, having a friend come over to your apartment is the best incentive for cleaning up right away.  One of my friends from high school is stopping by tonight then we’re going to dinner in the city.  I don’t want her to think I live in a cluttery apartment, even though I do, so I’m hiding all evidence.  Plus having a clean living space is the best thing ever.

Lunch Today – a ham and cheese pita with veggies and some left over shrimp fried rice.

007009

Time to switch the laundry and get back down to bizness!  Then class at 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment