Monday, August 29, 2011

Wine Tasting in Spain

The last port of our trip was in Palma, Spain!  This port wasn’t attached to “a big city” so we did more of an experience than a tour.  This was actually my favorite day of the cruise.  My Dad and brother stayed on the ship while my Mom and I went wine tasting! 

We did a mini-bus tour through the area since the winery didn’t open until 10.  Once we arrived, we had a brief tour of the facilities where the wine is made and stored.  Then we took the bus a few minutes down the road to the tasting area which was beautiful.  It was covered with vines and grapes above our heads to shade us from the sun.  We tried a white wine, a rose wine, a recently made red wine, and an aged red wine. 

097098099100101102105106107108110112113114118119121

I didn’t take any pictures of the red wine because at that point I was excited to try everything and forgot to take pictures.  The bread, cheese, and olive oil were delicious and did a great job of soaking up the wine!  I’ve been wanting to do a wine tasting for a while now, so I was really happy to get the chance to do it

TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!  Up early to start off the school year on the right foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment