So, as I stared into my empty fridge this afternoon, I contemplated what to make for dinner.
I started paging through one of my clean eating cook books, and I came across a recipe for French Onion soup which looked awesome. I also had most of the ingredients so I decided on that! Joe picked up the other ingredients we needed to complete dinner on his way home from work. Since he was working late, I enjoyed a little light linner of some whole wheat rotini and cream cheese sauce.
French Onion Soup Recipe (clean):
5 small onions
4 cups beef broth
salt
pepper
Worcestershire sauce
white vinegar
olive oil
Recipe called for 3 large onions, but I only had small ones, so I used 5 small onions, chopped them up thinly. I put about a tablespoon of olive oil into a pan, turned the heat to medium, then added the onions. I waited about 45 minutes for the onions to caramelize, and once they were done, I added in 4 cups of beef broth, white vinegar, salt and pepper (a good amount), and Worcestershire sauce to taste. The recipe only called for a dash, but I felt it was a little bland so I added a bit more. Boil the soup, let it simmer for a while, and done!
With our soup, Joe made some Tilapia that he dipped in some egg whites then bread crumbs and old bay. We also had green beans sauteed in some soy sauce. This meal was awesome. With all my recent traveling, I was really craving a good home cooked meal!
While everything was cooking, we had a little shrimp and old bay appetizer, and later in the evening we each had a Smart Ones peanut butter cup dessert, pretty delicious and 170 calories.
YUM. I’m wiped out after today’s terrible run. Time for bed and then waking up for a GOOD training day tomorrow (hopefully!).
No comments:
Post a Comment