Sunday, August 14, 2011

Can’t you see that it’s just raining, ain’t no need to go outside…

This morning there was a huge thunderstorm happening outside my bedroom window.  Monsoons are the perfect weather for sleeping in and waking up very rested. 

Last night was a pretty uneventful night in Philadelphia.  I spent the night in, organizing some areas in the apartment and getting them ready for school.  I leave on Wednesday to go to Europe, and I’m not returning until the day before school starts. 

I turned my desk from this mess….

022

…into an organized desk!

028

I cleared out anything I didn’t need anymore to throw away, and got together all the back tests and old notes to pass down to people who are a year behind me. 

The last thing I have left to do is go through all my writing implements.  It’s crazy how many pens, pencils, etc. you can accumulate over time.  I have a big basket full of pens and markers to be organized.

029

This morning’s rain was reminding me of the Jack Johnson song “Banana Pancakes.”  Since I’m going away in two days and just got back from Florida, I have no food in the house.  Joe and I decided to get a little brunch from a local take out restaurant around the corner.

Egg white omelets with spinach, tomatoes, onions, ham, and cheese, hash browns (which I only had a few bites of before passing them over to Joe) and one pancake.  Yumm.  It may not be a banana pancake, but it still hit the spot. 

026027

I’m going to brave the rain soon to go to the gym even though all this weather makes me want to do is sleep all day.

What are you all doing this Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment