So last night I did a lot of mindless creeping around the internet, and I came across some things that I am loving right now. I may get some of them, but definitely not all at once.
Lilly Pulitzer Cameron Dress: I’m loving how cute this dress is. Perfect for summer cocktail parties, graduations, special (more daytime) events. You can also dress it up or dress it down. The only thing I’m not loving is the $268 price tag. With no place in mind to wear it to…I don’t know if this dress and I are going to work out.
Frye Jane Strappy Riding Boots: I’ve been looking for cute riding boots since last year, and I still have yet to bite the bullet on a pair. These are kind of pricey, so I probably won’t get these, but I would definitely love something in a similar style and color.
A fancy new road bike that I know Santa is working on up at the north poll.
The best flip flops in the world: black Reefs which I had and were lost. I think I left them in the gym locker room or something and someone swiped them up!
Tory Burch black Reva flats: Cute and stylish. I need to try them on before I can commit to them because my feet tend to have blistering issues with some flat styles so I need to make sure these cuties are comfortable for work, lab, etc.
Going shopping after my workout today! Maybe I’ll stumble across a few of these items…hopefully some of them will be on sale!
Advice from you guys!
1) Any road bike brands or styles that you know of to be awesome? I’m in the process of starting to research them.
2) What’s your go-to comfortable/cute walking shoe..I’m going to Europe next week, and I want to get a good pair of walking shoes that aren’t sneakers.
if you haven't tried them yet, check out TOMS for walking/touristy things. they're comfy and cute and def for a good cause.
ReplyDeletealso... even though they are technically running shoes, check out the new balance minimus's... they are cute and SO comfortable! i wear mine to work so much it's not even funny. ((http://www.citysports.com/New-Balance-WT10---Womens/198816/Product))
i actually don't think the TB revas live up to the hype OR the price. I have a pair and they're cute and decently comfortable as far as the sole goes, BUT THAT ELASTIC! The elastic on the back irritates the crap out of my heel and drives me nuts. Not worth $250+, IMO - it's not limited to TB, as I have an otherwise great pair of Cole Haan nike air flats with the same problem, but I wouldn't rebuy.
ReplyDeleteAs a guy, I use my Merrell Trail Gloves as my go-to shoe when traveling. They are light and very comfortable. Merrell has similar shoes for women such as the Pure Glove (mary jane style) and Pace Glove (more of a minimalist running shoe.) They may be a little pricy at $90-110, but I think they are well worth it. Of course, I tend to prefer minimalist style shoes, so my opinions are very biased towards that style. If you need padding, these may not be a good choice. They're probably also not a good choice if you don't have time to slowly build up to wearing them for longer periods of time.
ReplyDeleteAs far as road bikes, I just got one this year from bikesdirect.com. You're going to get more bike for your money from them, but the challenge is going to be assembly and service. For some reason, the bike shops around here don't seem to like servicing a bike bought online, even though I am very willing to pay them to do so. I picked up the Mercier Corvus AL for $899, which was the equivalent of a $1800 bike at the local bike shops. I spent $60-70 at a local bike shop getting it tuned up after I put it together, and I figure I can put the extra money into keeping it running well (again, spending that money with a local bike shop.)
I have the Frye boots and the Tory flats and love them both. Normally I'm a total DSW shopper, but if I think I'm gonna get a lot of wear out of something I'll splurge...I say go for the flats over the boots though, just cause those are what I wear more often!
ReplyDeleteI actually picked up the Tory Burch flats yesterday! I am definitely more of a boots girl, especially in the fall and winter...so I need to invest in a pair before boots season is here!
ReplyDelete