Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Amazing Clean Homemade Salad Dressing

Another early morning, another day of Shredding it up and clean eating!  I made it the whole day yesterday clean eating!  I was pretty happy about it, especially considering that I am a diet doctor pepper addict.

At 6 am, I was working it out again at the art museum pier.  The class was very similar to yesterday.  The instructor would do a warm up of three jogging in place like exercises repeated, then we did a series of exercises, three at a time, repeated three times.  With 10 minutes left in the class, we walked off the pier over to the hill leading up to the back of the art museum steps and did some running drills.  I am not a sprinter.  In fact I was consistently the last person to finish.  We would do side steps, knee highs, jumping jacks, etc on the way up the hill then run down.  That was a long 10 minutes on the hill.

The hill - which doesn't look so bad, but I assure you it's pretty beastly




Sweaty beasts



When we got back, we enjoyed a breakfast of two eggs over easy, one piece of whole wheat toast, and half of a grape fruit.  That grapefruit was ridiculously pink!  Loved it!



After Joe went to a review class downtown for an exam he has coming up, I crawled into my bed and refused to leave there.  My muscles got so sore, joints got stiff, etc.  I took a napski then eventually pulled myself up for my lunch time.  I'm making a serious effort to eat five to six times a day and to have a big glass of water at each meal in addition to the water I have during the workout.

granny smith apple and almond butter for a snack
For lunch, I wanted a a chicken salad, but wasn't sure of my dressing options.  I'm not very educated on clean condiments (If anyone knows more please educate me!  What's a no and what's a go?), so I googled clean salad dressing a an enticing one popped up from a Clean Eating Mama's Blog.

Recipe: Makes 2-3 Servings
2 tbsp onions
3 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove through a garlic press
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp ground mustard
1 tbsp dijon mustard

Just combine everything and wisk it up!  It was seriously fantastic!  I loved it, and it was probably one of the best salad dressings that I have ever had.  In fact, I might put some in mini containers and bring them with me when I go out and know I'm going to be enjoying a salad.  This way I can stay clean and know what is in my food.





I even grilled up a fresh chicken breast and chopped it up when I normally used to use the pre-packaged chicken.  It was really fresh and easy!  

Thank goodness that the shred is counting as my strength and stretch day for my half marathon training plan today because my body would not have been able to handle a run. 

1 comment:

  1. believe it or not, dijon mustard olive oil and balsamic vinegar was exactly how we made the cosi vinaigrette when i worked there.

    i like a lot of citrus in my dressing, so here's my one serving size fave: juice of one lemon, 1 tsp dijon mustard, dash of olive oil, yolk of one hard boiled egg. mash, whisk, enjoy!

    or for more depth of flavor: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 2 cloves roasted garlic, one roasted jalapeno pepper (stem and seeds removed).

    ReplyDelete