Saturday, July 2, 2011

Getting back into running shape

Yesterday I waited way too long to run.  I didn't run until after lunch around 1ish, and it was really hot.  I was so thirsty and my calves were killing me.  I hate runs like that.  I did 2 miles in 23 minutes, and then decided instead of quitting I would walk the last mile.  I still got 3 miles in so I was happy about that.

Before my run I ate both breakfast and lunch.  I can't say it enough, I love a house stocked with food!


Some of my mom's leftover gnocchi from dinner a few nights before, grapes, granny smith apple
After the run, some more of my extended family came down for the weekend, and we chilled on the deck and talked.  I also spent a good chuck of the day trying to fix my computer.  It was going super slow, but I did a couple quick fixes and disk cleanups so now  it is back in tip top shape!  I didn't make it to the beach yesterday, but today I want to get a nice long beach day in.

Dinner was at a restaurant in Strathmere which is right outside of Sea Isle City.  It's one of the places we go every year (we don't like change I suppose), and it was a great time!



hot peppers

house salad

stuffed chicken and baked potato

Joe and I split the "dark side of the moon" chocolate cake.  Yum.


My legs are feeling much fresher today so I'm hoping for a better run.  I almost went to the Lululemon trunk show at the beach, but it was a few towns over and traffic this weekend is insane.  When it's a holiday weekend it's best to park the car, and go places within walking distance.  Especially on a Saturday morning when the renters are coming and going.  I will have to hit up lulu in the near future!

Here are the official race photo's from the Philadelphia Triathlon!  











I'm off to run!  Send me some good vibes because I really want to try, and get back to running 3 miles...without walking....in under 35 minutes.  I have lots of half marathon training ahead and getting back to this is just the start of it.  I'm starting to agree with skinnyrunner...it is much easier to stay in running shape than it is to get back into running shape.

2 comments:

  1. It's so true! I'm always terrified of getting injured and having to take weeks off, because getting back into it is always EXCRUCIATING!

    Are you doing the Philly Rock 'N Roll half?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am! Are you doing the rock and roll half?

    ReplyDelete