Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A New Self Challenge

Now that I am back in Philly, I am feeling the effects from the holiday weekend.  Lots of nights out, drinking, and BBQ leftovers.  I spent today unpacking from vacation and organizing some things in the apartment.  Anyone else have a T-shirt collection that is out of control?  I swear that I have well over 100 T-shirts.  I spent a good majority of the night sifting through ones I never wear, favorites, and ones I want to give to good will.  I need to finish the project tomorrow, and then move onto some other projects that have been on my apartment to do list for tomorrow.

Next week I will be embarking on a two week challenge.  I am going to be participating in a two week shred program I recently came across online.  The program starts on July 11th and entails a one hour class Monday-Friday until July 22nd.  The classes are supposed to be intense, I'm expecting boot camp style but not entirely sure.  The program also encourages a clean diet during the week and a normal yet moderate diet on the weekends.  

I think this program will be a great jump start that I need after this holiday weekend.  It will also be my first experience with clean eating, and I'm excited to try that.  I've been researching recipes, and I have some great dinner ideas for next week.  In addition to the shred, I will also be starting my 11 week training plan for my first half marathon tomorrow.  Lot's of things to look forward to!  Very excited!  

Did I mention the classes are at the waterworks?  A pretty beautiful way to start out the morning if you ask me!


If anyone in Philly is interesting in being a buddy during the shred..please leave a comment or email me, and I will give you the info!

Dinner was some processed food since I will not be able to eat it next week.  I had some turkey dogs that I took from the shore house that I didn't want to go bad.  I paired it with Annie's organic white shells and cheddar macaroni and cheese.


Fresh Steam green beans in low sodium soy sauce

Apple with Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter

Bed soon and a good sweaty gym workout planned for tomorrow!!!

1 comment: