Thursday, July 21, 2011

Plain Old Insomnia

I thought last night was going to end with some delicious insomnia cookies, but it actually didn't end until much later into the morning because I had a serious case of insomnia.  I started to get a lot of anxiety about the upcoming school year, and even though it doesn't start for a month, I was in a little bit of a panic.  If anyone out there has experiences anxiety before, you know that sometime you just can't shut off all the thoughts and worries when you want to.  They just keep running through your head.  

Needless to say it wasn't much fun.  No one enjoys a pre-sleep panic attack.  I tried not looking at the clock, but I suspect I didn't fall asleep until close to 4 am.  It wasn't much of a surprise that when my alarm went off at 5:25am, I said heck no!  

I don't want to use not sleeping as an excuse, so I am still going to head downtown to put in 3.5 miles on the treadmill.  After that I am planning on making up the mat work that I missed this morning with a free Urban Yoga Philly class in Washington Square Park.  If it's too hot I may need to improvise with a different workout, but I'm going to play it by ear.  



Lunch today was some low-carb pasta with a little left over ground turkey, white onion, tomatoes, a small scoop of Philadelphia cooking cream and some light Ragu with basil.


This meal was definitely a winner.  I like mixing things up from the meals I normally eat too.  Variety is the spice of life...at least that's what I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment