This morning I woke up at 9:30, was super tired, and thought that I would go to sleep for just another 15 minutes or so. Next thing I know it was 12:05..oops! Good thing I didn’t have anywhere specific to be this morning. I took a walk and decided to stop in the Green Line Café to do a little studying.
Green Line café is a place that I walk by all the time. It’s super cute and kind of big for a coffee shop. All summer I kept thinking how I was going to go there to to study once the school year began. When I arrived, I ordered a coffee, got settled into a table, and then I noticed that the shop was playing rock music rather loud. I sat there enjoying my coffee for about a half hour, looking over my notes and finalizing my “to do” list. Not super productive, but it happens. I think I prefer the smoother Starbucks sounds to the loud hard rock hipster music of Green Line.
I love going to coffee shops to work because it removes me from my apartment environment where it is so easy to find a distraction such as TV, dishes, laundry, etc. Well, a hipster coffee shop with loud music wasn’t that escape I was looking for. Probably will be finding another local coffee shop for my future study getaways.
So you may have noticed that I have been posting every two days or so instead of the two times a day that had been posting. That is because after coming back from my vacation, I really needed to focus on the important things. It’s kind of true when people say you can’t do it all. I’m not talking about big life things like having a career and kids, but I mean you can’t do everything you want to do and still do them all the best of your ability. Some things have to give in order for others to succeed.
I dove into school head first by going to lectures and labs, completing assignments, studying, and finding and meeting with tutors. I also decided to focus to diet, because that was something that I felt was getting out of hand and wanted to “reel in” so to speak. Those have been my first priorities.
I decided to cut down on blogging temporarily because I just needed to focus my energies elsewhere, which I think happens to all bloggers at one time or another. I have no desire to write “meaningless” blog posts just to say I’ve been writing them twice a day. Also, since I’ve also had to cut back a bit on writing, I’ve been left with a little bit of a writers block. I have so many new recipes I want to try, and I would love to write about some fun long autumn runs, but those aren’t exactly happening right now, so I feel kind of boring. I mean who wants to read about me studying for 4 hours then coming home and eating a salad, no dressing…sounds riveting right? Well that was what I did last night. haha.
Well I’m hoping my little rut has come to an end because I am finally feeling good about the routine I’ve been in. I’ve been doing great with my diet and really getting things accomplished for school, so I think that it’s time to slowly start adding in a bit more interesting things. Long story short, I’m planning on going back to more regular posting…don’t get too excited now! See you all a little later today!
No comments:
Post a Comment