I’ve decided to get back to healthy living by focusing on one change at a time, and this month I am really trying to focus on diet. So far it’s been going great and I have lost all the weight that was gained on my summer vacations plus a little more.
One thing that poses a challenge when things get hectic is trying to find healthy and quick meals. I’ve been mainly eating fruit, proteins, and vegetables so I’ve discovered a great meal to eat for a quick lunch throughout the week.
I’ve been making 3 portions of chicken fajitas, minus the tortillas, early in the week, portioning them out, and then heating it up and enjoying it when I need a quick meal.
Recipe:
Portion out however many pieces of chicken you want to make. Cut up one onion for each piece of chicken.
In a large ziplock bag combine:
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
Shake all the spices, add in the chopped up onions and chicken. Shake everything together and let it marinate for a brief period of time. Dump it all in a pan and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked through. I didn’t cook this with ANY butter or oil at all which I think has been the key to my dieting success these past few weeks. I’ve been cooking all my meals dry, with water, or with chicken broth. The juices from the onion and chicken were perfectly sufficient for this meal, so I didn’t even add anything at all except the contents of the bag.
This meal is delicious! I honestly don’t even miss the cheese and tortillas that come with traditional fajitas. The spices really add to the meal!
I then portioned out one bowl to enjoy for lunch and then portioned out the rest into individual Tupperware containers. Next time I’m looking for a quick and easy meal, I’ll just pop it in the microwave and heat it up!
Today has been good so far. First up for me was a large cup of coffee and a 15 minute presentation on Aromatherapy for my Special Topics in Non-Prescription therapeutics elective. My group rocked it and the teacher even told us great job at the end. Always a plus to know you did well!
Now since I’ve gotten lunch out of the way (as well as cooking my other lunches for this week) I am going to hit the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment