Today was a perfect lazy Florida day. A cold front came in last night so it wasn’t really pool weather. Instead I opted for sleeping in, lounging around watching some DVR’ed shows, a little gym time, and a great home cooked meal.
Brunch
(because you can’t call it breakfast when you sleep past 11am)
Breakfast sandwich with a fried egg, slice of American cheese, and turkey sausage on an onion roll with a leftover cinnamon bun (the last of the batch..and they will be missed) and some turkey bacon. The fried egg was very runny, and the thick roll was perfect for soaking it all up. It was a welcomed change from my normal Arnold’s sandwich thins!
I did 60 minutes on the elliptical at the gym while Joe picked up the ingredients that we would need for tonight’s dinner.
Ingredients
I based the recipe off of Gabriela at Une Vie Saine’s recipe for a la minute goat cheese pasta. Slight modifications included adding chicken, using the whole bag of spinach, and using whole grain pasta.
Recipe
1) Dice up chicken breasts and cook in a pan with a small dollop of olive oil. Add salt and garlic salt to taste.
2) Boil water and start cooking the linguini.
3) Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Once hot, add spinach and allow it to wilt. Then throw in about 1 cup of fresh sun dried tomatoes and let it simmer.
4) Add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
5) Add cooked pasta and chicken to pan. Mix all ingredients together and add the 4 oz. container of crumbled goat cheese. Stir until smooth and creamy.
This dinner was amazing! I remember reading the recipe a while ago and my mouth was watering for a taste, but forgot about it until today when I was searching for something delicious to make for dinner. It definitely did not disappoint!
Tonight will include some of my favorite TV shows that are back from the holiday hiatus! And maybe getting into that leftover pasta…oh so good.
Is it too early to start carbing up for Saturday’s race?
Mhmm, that looks delicious! My dad is a big fan of goat cheese so maybe I'll make this sometime! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's never too early to carbo load! :D
I like the photo of the ingredients! Also, very nice presentation on the plate!
ReplyDeletethat sounds SO GOOD, wonder if i can get goat cheese in korea... ?
ReplyDeletevery informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.
ReplyDeleteI am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.
ReplyDelete